corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Consequences of....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Consequences of....
dannymccann

User status: Offline
27th Jun 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of our front springs has snapped, its missing 3/4 of a coil, this is what was rattling like a bastard over every bump. Currently riding round as is. Will be looking to replace the pair of fronts but want to leave it as long as possible as they are £180 fitted, which i wasnt expecting And the fact you can get 'performance' jobs for the same price as GM ones, where can I look online for some? Tried LMF but they only seem to cater for petrol variants
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Jun 10 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it sorted ASAP, if it comes out of its seat and fires out you're fucked, or if it dislodges and sticks inbetween the wheel and disk/strut going down the motorway you're fucked.
markx14xe

27th Jun 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car? what suspention? ebay
Bonney

27th Jun 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got a full set of jamex springs new off ebay for £70 for the Astra
Alex_Rally

27th Jun 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new or second hand springs are cheap as fuk its not a big job .
connollygt30

27th Jun 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its dicks like you who cause fatalities
dannymccann

28th Jun 10 at 05:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geordie_corsa
new or second hand springs are cheap as fuk its not a big job .

It is when you dont know what you are doing

Cheers Danny, will get it sorted then.

Bonney - most of the places round here insist they buy the part and then fit it, otherwise they wont guarantee it, which I can understand, but its £180 for 2 front springs to be fitted?? It was 4 years ago I had to get one done on my Corsa but I think even at the expensive garage it was quoted £60 all in, I know this is an Astra but its still a common-as-muck car

And connolly, this is the reason I asked, if its going to be dangerous to be left like it, I will fix it, if its not important / a hazard I wont fix it till it goes wrong.

For example, the backbox has been an advisory for the best part of 2 years, its not a safety issue so why bother replacing it until its completely devoid of useful life

I will get it booked in next weekend, no chance this week with work, we only drive 6 miles to work and back every day, usually stuck in traffic, so it will be fine until then, its been fine for the last month anyway

[Edited on 28-06-2010 by dannymccann]
davcohen

28th Jun 10 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont buy cheap jamex springs from ebay, i did this and am sending them back

buy yourself some Eibach springs for like $120 and get them fitted by someone on here
johnhara1

28th Jun 10 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to kwick-fit with your own springs and ask one of them to do it in their dinner break.

My bro did this, cost him about £40 for all 4 springs fitted on his fiesta.
broster
Premium Member

28th Jun 10 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we always advise springs and or dampers are fitted in pairs, genuine stuff is costly but pattern parts arnt that badly priced. if your going aftermarket get some eibachs. u2u me if you want a price on parts

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Consequences of.... 22 database queries in 0.0087790 seconds