corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Torn between D300s and D700.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Torn between D300s and D700.
Tiger

User status: Offline
29th Jun 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The D300s would be handy because of the HD capability, but the D700 is noticeably better with noise and is, of course, full frame which would work well with my 18-200mm VR and my 85mm f1.8 and later when I purchase the 14-24mm f2.8. I currently shoot with a D200.

There's a £500 price difference give or take £100 depending on where you buy.

Anyone else throw in their two-penneth worth?

Ben.
Whittie

29th Jun 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to go for the D700, but then couldn't justify going full frame for the extra money. Therefore have just purchased a D300s, i can't comment on it yet as i'm not in possession of it. Doug on here has also has a D300, seems very happy with it...

It's whether or not you can justify it, and if you have the correct lenses to handle the FF.
Tiger

30th Jun 10 at 05:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just for noise handling really, the D300s looked good until I saw the D700 which was hell of a lot better. I shoot weddings so I could really use a lens' wide ability to the full with full frame.
chr15barn3s

30th Jun 10 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate just bought a D700. He said at the moment Nikon are offering the free battery pack worth like £200 with it! No brainer and the quality is unbelievable imo.
Whittie

30th Jun 10 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Its just for noise handling really, the D300s looked good until I saw the D700 which was hell of a lot better. I shoot weddings so I could really use a lens' wide ability to the full with full frame.

Iirc, you do some gig / band photography too? If you're doing weddings you may aswell get the 700 then, you'll soon make your money back anyway!

[Edited on 30-06-2010 by Whittie]
Tiger

30th Jun 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

Iirc, you do some gig / band photography too? If you're doing weddings you may aswell get the 700 then, you'll soon make your money back anyway!

[Edited on 30-06-2010 by Whittie]

Yeah I shoot my own band, and, if I get any spare time this year I may get round to photographing some other bands

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Torn between D300s and D700. 23 database queries in 0.0097198 seconds