corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » First Motorsport Attempt

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First Motorsport Attempt
andy1868

User status: Offline
29th Jun 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, on Sunday i went and watched a very good mate of mine racing his motorbike at Darley Moor racetrack in Ashbourne, so what better opportunity to have a crack at some motorsport stuff with the 75-300mm lens i bought just before christmas? I know they're abit repetitive but i'm afraid that can be the nature of it though i guess

My mate is number 11 and he's riding a Honda GP125, other than that i don't know anything about the bike he came 3rd in both his races

I haven't really done any of this before so any pointers are appreciated fo sho

flybikeslee

29th Jun 10 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes andy
pippin

4th Jul 10 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did a very good job mate
FruitBooTeR

5th Jul 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice.

What settings on the camera were used etc, shutter speed et? If you can remember..
Doug

5th Jul 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good first attempt but let down by a fast shutter.

Motorsport pictures (IMO) need some motion blur to give the feel of speed

i.e.

I would be very happy if that was my first attempt! It gets addictive, you will find yourself going to circuits hoping something is on so you can practice your panning!
andy1868

5th Jul 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried abit of panning last week but it was on the 1000cc bikes on one of the straights, they were going too quick for a rookie like me

i've been at santa pod for the japshow this weekend and tried some more panning but i haven't had chance to work through the pics because of computer issues i fear i may have fallen into the same trap though i'll know for next time so thanks for the advice doug.

fruitbooter, off the top of my head i can't really remember much more than shooting in shutter priority tbh! i'll have a gander when i get back on the pc

[Edited on 05-07-2010 by andy1868]
andy1868

6th Jul 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i'm looking through the pics from santa pod and the track ones are shite, i tried using continuous autofocus instead of single or auto and theres barely any in focus ERROR! i guess you live you learn

[Edited on 06-07-2010 by andy1868]
AndyKent

6th Jul 10 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Continuous can be better depending on the speed of the vehicle. I usually stick it on continuous so I can track a car as it comes towards me before hitting the shutter.

Gives you a chance to get some varied shots rather than shooting everything in exactly the same spot.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » First Motorsport Attempt 23 database queries in 0.0130031 seconds