corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Time Attack Corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Time Attack Corsa
AK

User status: Offline
30th Jun 10 at 05:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its a VXR....

Anyone know anything about it? There was one entered at Brands Hatch. It did a 57.348 in Qualifying.... which unfortunatly wasnt enough to qualify for the final. Bo Neilson did a 55.628 in the final in his Astra VXR.

No idea on the power differences or setups to be honest.

here is Bo
AK

30th Jun 10 at 05:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooofff..

turns out the guys pays for the car to be built by regal, but gets it driven by a Pro in club class

quote:
Sorry Wayne, didn't want to upset you, so I will start again.

Regal entered Time Attack with a 650hp Porsche Turbo and a 324hp Corsa built, tuned and prepared by themself and they got a current Porsche Cup driver to drive both, they had a garage full of Regal staff working on the cars, Arno from EDS germany to look after the mapping, kept the new tyres for qualifying, and Regal did all this for fun They never did it because they wanted to show everybody how good they are
They shoulden't take it to hard, the same have happened to mercedes in F1

Was that better Wayne? I do understand you did a lot of work to look after the forum members and I haven't got a bad word to say about that or yourself.

Are we friends again

Bo

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=97399&highlight=regal+time+attack&page=4
Ben J

30th Jun 10 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep...its a bit of a joke to be honest....why have a car of that spec if you aren't going to drive it yourself.

And to bring in a Pro driver is taking the piss. Quite funny that he got his arse handed to him on a plate.

[Edited on 30-06-2010 by Ben J]
x14xe sport

30th Jun 10 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the corsa not featured in tv a few months back it was around 300bhp then, regonise the numberplate i'm sure
Ben J

30th Jun 10 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by x14xe sport
was the corsa not featured in tv a few months back it was around 300bhp then, regonise the numberplate i'm sure

Probably...is bhp figs seem to go up and down.
AK

30th Jun 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read one thread from before the event

something about 'got the right brakes, susp etc' then after the excuse was it didnt have race brakes, race suspension etc.

I didnt see it but it stinks if there is a pro driver in the car. Fair enough he didnt win anything so its not a biggie, but if he did
Daimo B

30th Jun 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its Regal tuned, what do you expect REAL figures......?

It even says they needed the EDS chap from Germany.
Ben J

30th Jun 10 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
read one thread from before the event

something about 'got the right brakes, susp etc' then after the excuse was it didnt have race brakes, race suspension etc.

I didnt see it but it stinks if there is a pro driver in the car. Fair enough he didnt win anything so its not a biggie, but if he did

Tbh it underperforms alot. It was taken to a VXR Power Events Sprint Night and was made to look silly by alot more standard cars. This was due to the "tyres" of course.

Don't get me wrong the car is a great spec and alot of money has been thrown at it etc etc but the guys not helping himself the way he goes about things.

[Edited on 30-06-2010 by Ben J]
AK

30th Jun 10 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup... just seems bizare that you'd pay the tuner to advertise their work

R1CH

30th Jun 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looked like the geometry was all over the place on that car! I think the only reason it done a 57 second lap, was down the the driver.

As soon as he turned in, it just seemed to wanna understeer. suspension set up fail!
Novaneil

30th Jun 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think thats the car that went across to the Ring to try and beat the R26R's time but had problems when it was there IIRC.
AK

30th Jun 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They made a comment about only having 215 section tyres

My impreza has the same
Ojc

30th Jun 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bloke is an older guy, not sure why he doesn't drive it?

Why build a car to that spec then not use it

Regal as well
AK

30th Jun 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the main for me

I wouldnt mind someone else driving the car for me if I wasnt around... but he was there... in the pits....

The guy driving the Corsa was also driving a 997 Turbo in Club Pro
jibjob

30th Jun 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reading that thread from VXRonline he seems to be clueless. He said he saved 6kg from the air con but still has all the carpets and door cards and basically a full interior except for rear seats!

(Saying this i could be missing the reason behind it)
AK

30th Jun 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carpets and door cards dont weight as much as aircon....
jibjob

30th Jun 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye but carpets, door cards, roof lining, centre console, glove box and all the sound deadening under the carpet would weigh a lot more than the air con. Most people seem to strip atleast 4kg of sound deading out of corsa b's. Just making a point of - if your going to lose weight atleast do it properly.

[Edited on 30-06-2010 by jibjob]
AK

30th Jun 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup... but I think the guys uses the car on the road. If I had a daily I'd think twice about ripping all the interior out. Aircon is something I can survive without.

If he was serious and using it full on to get best lap - yes - get everything out of there.
jibjob

30th Jun 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In your opinion what would you do with it if your were going to go to the trouble of entering into Time Attack? Whether you had it as a road car or not. IMO if i was going to enter Time Attack i wouldnt use it on the road and if i did id rather have a good time round the track than a quiet ride on the road.
AK

30th Jun 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is/was just a one off entry to Brands. I dont think it would have been worth his time (esp when someone else was driving it)... unless he would have paid someone to strip it :S

In my opinion though - TA car = stripped out car.

I really dont get the folk that moan about there cars being heavy. Its there choice to try and go as quickly as possible round a track with all the modcons in their cars.

Club Class is for private owner/driver cars. Not supported teams with pro drivers. We are in Club Class and I dont doubt there would be a few comments behind our backs about the spec of the car. Truth is the car spec is 100% out in the open, and we have to pay for any work we have done.

Club Class shouldnt be just for full trim road cars either (some folk have suggested this)
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Jun 10 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose whatever rules you put in place, people will try and get around them. It's happened in motorsport with manufacturer teams for years.

That car doesn't really look like it's in the spirit of the event though - vendor build and a professional driver. The consolation is that he wasn't very good by the sounds of things.
AK

30th Jun 10 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a little bit of egg on the face

I have a feeling Fee will be asked to move up a class next year.

Club Class seems to be getting more and more 'reasonable' entries now... Old polo, CRX, CTRs, ITRs, fiesta, Astra/Corsa VXR's, about 5 mini coopers.. seems gone are the days of all jap 4x4's!
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jul 10 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got pop-up sponsor banners all over your pit though?

Saw a comment in that other thread, Regal have used his cash (and probably loads of it) to enter a car for themselves.
AK

1st Jul 10 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have two green asda cloth folding chairs

yeah, it does sound like the poor bastard has been raped
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jul 10 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the folding chairs with you to pro class

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Time Attack Corsa 22 database queries in 0.1337900 seconds