corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who thinks some of their points were unnecessary?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who thinks some of their points were unnecessary?
Whittie

User status: Offline
1st Jul 10 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been watching police interceptors on 5 (a traffic cops programme), somebody has turned into a one way street, 2am.

They issued him with a £30 fine, the show then said that he was lucky and could have got a £60 fine and a warning.

So why the hell did I get 3 points and a £60 or £90 fine when I did it 2ish years ago??

I still think to this day it was uber harsh, it was 1am-ish on a saturday night, yet they issued 3 points.

Anybody else had points where you didn't think they were necessary?
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Jul 10 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 3 for being in a bus lane and 3 for being 6 or 8mph over the limit, can't remember now but it resulted in me being banned. The bus lane 3 were a bit out of order as it was early in the morning, could have just warned me about it.

[Edited on 01-07-2010 by DannyB]
mike56gte

1st Jul 10 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whittie i got the same thing as you for turning into a one way street after just passing my test 3points and £60 fine
Whittie

1st Jul 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long do points last for? 2 or 3 years?

Danny - That's a shitter, a bus lane is well OTT to give points out over. I was driving in London a while back and realised I was in a Bus lane, shit myself, but luckily never heard anything back from it!

Mike - Bet you were well annoyed, dont you think it's a little petty?

Granted the police are just doing their job, im not them i'm bothered about them, its the laws to give points out.

[Edited on 01-07-2010 by Whittie]
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Jul 10 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the points were 4 years, maybe 3 but I had to retake my test which I did about 3 years ago now and the points were finally removed a year later.
Warren G

1st Jul 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont have any
mike56gte

1st Jul 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it takes 4 years for pionts to come off. the worst thing was in the first 2years of driving you are only entilted to 6 points so being on 3 from the start ment i was tredding on thin ice for 2 years lucky i got past the first 2 years without any other incodents.

and yes was very annoyed as the bit of one way street is about 20yards long
Whittie

1st Jul 10 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
i dont have any

I would have put you down as having 9 mate
Whittie

1st Jul 10 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
it takes 4 years for pionts to come off. the worst thing was in the first 2years of driving you are only entilted to 6 points so being on 3 from the start ment i was tredding on thin ice for 2 years lucky i got past the first 2 years without any other incodents.

and yes was very annoyed as the bit of one way street is about 20yards long

4 years is a bit extreme!
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

1st Jul 10 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They count for 3 and can be removed after 4.
mike56gte

1st Jul 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 3 points didnt really affect my insurance at all tho. anyone else find this?
sand-eel

1st Jul 10 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had a fine or points or even crashed in 5 years THAT is actually a miracle.
SXi_Tim

1st Jul 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 3 points for doing 36 in a 30 at 11pm on a sunday night in a little village, completely pointless but its a good way of making money for them.
mantamark

1st Jul 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drove a works transit in scotland, was doing 60 in a 60, but it isnt 60 is it? its 50, so 5 points & 250quid fine.

bit shiity i thought.
markx14xe

2nd Jul 10 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

takes the piss that does because there allways reclassing the roads aint they
Graham88

2nd Jul 10 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mantamark
i drove a works transit in scotland, was doing 60 in a 60, but it isnt 60 is it? its 50, so 5 points & 250quid fine.

bit shiity i thought.

Christ, you got a copper who hadn't got any that night!

I think my 3 were unfair, just holding the phone in my hand & not using it, just bad habit I guess but I got 3 points, wasn't affecting my driving at all. Just a couple of bored coppers one early saturday night.
mantamark

2nd Jul 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was mobile speed camera, was canny pissed off like.

Even more pissed off two days later when i got another for 3 pts and 60quid fine for same van, but going in opp direction (was going back home then), luckily i was stuck behind a tool, so was doing 55 in a 60, which was a 50 in the van.

Sigh.

Thats the thing with the scottish speed cameras afaik they are just there to make money, they dont have to put them in accident blackspots like in England, they just think, ah this bend, just after this long downhill will do.
adiohead

2nd Jul 10 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got points for speeding, but I wasn't going as fast as the laser gun said I was.

daymoon
Premium Member

2nd Jul 10 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was watching the program too.

THe cop was gonna let off the guy, but son was mouthing off so the driver got fined.

It all depends on policemans mood...
lostboy
Banned

2nd Jul 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to be given 3 points for going up a one way street (didn't see the sign as my car is low and the sign was high) the cop was then going to give me 3 points for a "dangerous car" (the front tyres caught on the arches on full lock) he was proper going at me for that calling me a stupid bastard and saying I must be brainless (not far from the truth)

Anyhoo I did the usual yes sir no sir three bags full sir and got let off, while sat in the car they were asking me random questions (eye colour, shoe size, left or right handed etc) and it was at that point I asked them if they knew my mother who works for the police, then the driver said "As its so close to christmas we'll let you off" thank god for that as it would have been a ban as I hadn't been driving two years in December have now though so I'm ok for points I think he was just trying to act the big man as he was an armed officer or had had a crap day and wanted to take it out on some innocent nice young man. All cops are bastards.
nathy_87

2nd Jul 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Just been watching police interceptors on 5 (a traffic cops programme), somebody has turned into a one way street, 2am.

They issued him with a £30 fine, the show then said that he was lucky and could have got a £60 fine and a warning.

Was this the one with his son gobbing off? And his son was on leave from the Navy?
Tom G

2nd Jul 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

So why the hell did I get 3 points and a £60 or £90 fine when I did it 2ish years ago??

I still think to this day it was uber harsh, it was 1am-ish on a saturday night, yet they issued 3 points.

Anybody else had points where you didn't think they were necessary?

i saw that too Whittie! They weren't actually going to issue him with anything till sailor boy started kicking off!

The thing is, it is down to their discretion as what they do, but just because someone else in the car is being a prick doesn't mean the crime you commited is any worse that 5 mins ago when you was going to get abit of a telling off
Leighton

2nd Jul 10 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
i dont have any
Ian W

2nd Jul 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 3 points for momenterally stopping on zigzags to pick my mum up with a load of shopping which the police saw, 3pts and a £60 fine.

What pisses me off is I see people stopped on there waiting all the time.

BarnshaW

2nd Jul 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got 3 points for 69 in a 40, thought 3 points was a good deal really

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who thinks some of their points were unnecessary? 22 database queries in 0.0155270 seconds