corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » MK2 Nova SR C20XE (Redtop) | Sold.

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MK2 Nova SR C20XE (Redtop) | Sold.
Mieran

User status: Offline
6th Jul 10 at 04:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For sale (regrettably) I have my MK2 Nova SR, it was converted to a 2.0 16V in 2008 by a local lad I know, hes a Vauxhall enthusiast so it was done properly and not bodged together.

The shell is a genuine SR so comes with extras like electronic windows, central locking, GSI rear spoiler, electronically adjustable headlights and tinted glass. There is NO rot in the usual places like battery tray, boot floor, chassis legs, splash guards or front panel.

The engine also runs sweet and is been exceptionally reliable, I even done a 500 mile trip recently and it didn't miss a beat, also averaging 44 mpg, since I've had the car I don't even take it above 2500rpm when cold and changed oil frequently so its been looked after. Its not one of them 'unhealthy' engines that have seen better days, it pulls VERY strong in all gears, I've had 5 different C20XE'd cars in the past so I know what a good one goes like.

Ideally I would like an enthusiast like me to buy it so I know its getting looked after. If you're 17 and just passed your test or an inexperienced driver this is the wrong car for you because its extremely fast and you might kill your self.

Engine and transmission:

- C20XE (distributor version, belts and gaskets were replaced before engine went in and done less than 10K since the conversion)
- F16CR gearbox (awesome acceleration compared to F20, also this box does not crunch or whine)
- Full Magnex SS exhaust system (no CAT)
- K&N air filter
- Powercap
- Quickshift linkage
- Engine bay seam welded for extra strength
- All 3 mounts have been reinforced to minimise engine movement
- Rocker cover painted black
- Poly exhaust bushes

Wheels, suspension and brakes:

- 14" Astra GTE wheels painted satin black
- Front tyres are Continentals and have covered less than 3000 miles and rears are Goodyear Eagles with at least 5mm of tread
- 60mm GMAX suspension kit
- 256mm brakes
- Poly bushed TCA, rear beam and tie rods
- TCA have plates welded on them for extra strength
- Front upper strut brace

Exterior:

- GSI front bumper
- Single wiper conversion
- Rear bumper bar is removed and replaced with bonnet pins
- Alloy fuel cap
- Saab bolt covers

Interior:

- Back end is completely stripped (seats and belts will be included)
- Momo steering wheel
- Sparco gear knob
- Digi dash

General:

- MOT till 8/4/2011
- Tax till 31/9/2010
- Oil and filter will be changed this week (Castrol GTX semi synthetic), fuel filter and spark plugs have been changed recently
- New battery was put on last month
- Passenger side wheel bearing replaced couple of months ago

Bad points:

- Drivers side rear arch has 2 dents in it and starting to bubble
- Passenger side rear arch is bubbling and rusted just before where it meets sill
- Reflective part inside the drivers side headlight is faded
- Rust on bottom of driver door

Please note that this is a 17 year old car and is still on original panels and paintwork so its not in show room condition but at the same time its not rotten like most Novas for sale.

price is £2000 ono, however if you pay full asking price I will include these parts in the sale:

- Spax RSX coilovers, these cost £560 when new and have hardly been used, comes with 2 C spanners and the adjusting key, the bushes on the rear shocks have also been replaced to poly ones, this is a proper piece of kit and not just random crap like the £150 eBay coilover kits

- Eccentric top mounts, bearings are already pressed in and comes with all the nuts and bolts needed to fit, these are used to adjust the camber and castor

- Brand new Corbeau Forza bucket seat

- Pair of Yokohama A032R semi slick tyres (soft compound in 14")

- Rare smoked rear lights, these are after market items and not cheap DIY'd ones

- Pair of brand new rear arches

I also have a Safety devices 6 point roll cage that you can buy for extra if you want, pics below.

[Edited on 07-07-2010 by Mieran]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » MK2 Nova SR C20XE (Redtop) | Sold. 24 database queries in 0.0113652 seconds