corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Aircraft Rolled Out In Work Today

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Aircraft Rolled Out In Work Today
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 10 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some may be interested. Been a pain in the arse while it was being painted with the extra security guards making my job more difficult

quote:

Chris Allam, BAE Systems’ Taranis project director, said: “The brains of Taranis are now designed and coherent. What we have designed is a system that can autonomously control the aircraft to taxi, take off, and navigate its way to a search area while reacting to any threats or other events. It will then route its way around the search area in whichever way it wants to, locate the target, and then use its sensor system to transmit a series of images and views back to the operator to confirm it is the target to be attacked. Then, once it has been authorised to do so, it autonomously attacks that target, routes its way back home, lands and taxies back.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=4704491&c=EUR&s=AIR

[Edited on 12-07-2010 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like something out of a film

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, and quite scary at the same time.
Nath

12th Jul 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool as fuck!
ed

12th Jul 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My uncle showed me a rendering of something like that in January. Didn't think I'd be seeing pictures of the real deal so soon!
Simon

12th Jul 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks cool, where do these sort things get tested? I'm at the air tattoo at fairford on Sunday, take it there please
Ste
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are tested at Woomera range in Australia. The range is the size of England

[Edited on 12-07-2010 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
C2RL R

12th Jul 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow, very cool!
ed

12th Jul 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not allowed to fly them in the UK yet. Something to do with the daily mail iirc.
C2RL R

12th Jul 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they use Xbox 360 controllers on these like they do with Desert Hawks?
ed

12th Jul 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't the idea that you give it a mission to complete and it then fucks off and does it, coming home again when complete. So no X Box controllers...
C2RL R

12th Jul 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was a light hearted comment. although, i'm pretty sure they will have some kind of manual control over it incase of equipment failure so maybe it does have a 360 controller...
Ste
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
They're not allowed to fly them in the UK yet. Something to do with the daily mail iirc.

Yes they are. HERTI flew a few flights over the UK in 2005 fully autonomous.

quote:

These included the first, and still the only, fully autonomous flight by a UAV in UK airspace with Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) clearance.

CorsAsh

12th Jul 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UAV online!
pow
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

Look 'mazing
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read the full artical

I thought it would be bigger then a hawk, although as a spy plane it doesnt need to be

Truely amazing that it is fully automated. The fact that you program it where to go and then it even taxi's itself back in is mental

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Kurt

12th Jul 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdPy4crWuCA
lostboy
Banned

12th Jul 10 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ste, I actually do envy you. I have a proper fetish for fighter jets/stealth jets and such alike, your job must be amazing!

I doubt there would ever be a chance of me working in a job like that but what would I need to do to get into it?
FAZ
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a remtoe control b2 spirit?
_Allan_

12th Jul 10 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
UAV online!

Up up and away!
FAZ
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adiohead

13th Jul 10 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
This comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdPy4crWuCA

THIS comes to my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4DzASrMZtc

alan-g-w

13th Jul 10 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The picture of it looks like a screenshot from a PS1 game. Sounds like quite a machine though.
Ste
Premium Member

13th Jul 10 at 05:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
Ste, I actually do envy you. I have a proper fetish for fighter jets/stealth jets and such alike, your job must be amazing!

I doubt there would ever be a chance of me working in a job like that but what would I need to do to get into it?

Well I had seven years experience in the RAF as an avionics technician working on Harrier GR7 and Nimrod R1 aircraft.

They will be recruiting again soon in final assembly here at Warton as the Saudi contract has changed and the 48 aircraft they were meant to be building in Saudi are getting built here instead so there is starting a back log. Just keep your eye on the BAe website for jobs. If you don't apply you won't get it

https://baesystems.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Aircraft Rolled Out In Work Today 23 database queries in 0.0172000 seconds