corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Office lighting vs Headaches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Office lighting vs Headaches
stubs

User status: Offline
14th Jul 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A guy I work with always insists on the office lights being turned on the second he walks in... because he "has a headache"

I was always under the impression that headaches were caused by over-illuminating an area

He insists it's because the office is dark.... but I prefer it with the lights out as it helps me focus better on my screen.

p.s. when I say dark, 2 of the 4 walls are glass... one facing the sun and the opposite facing a fully lit open-plan office area, so not actually dark, but naturally lit.

Does anyone else get headaches from the room being dark rather than light?
Neo

14th Jul 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, a well lit room is less likely to give you a headache or problems in future life with your eyes as you are putting them under far less strain.
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th Jul 10 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, a dark room can give you headaches as it will result in eye strain. Generally, having a screen as your main source of light is not such a good idea.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Budgie

14th Jul 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Yes, a dark room can give you headaches as it will result in eye strain. Generally, having a screen as your main source of light is not such a good idea.

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Nope, a well lit room is less likely to give you a headache or problems in future life with your eyes as you are putting them under far less strain.

adiohead

14th Jul 10 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both are correct:

The cause of tension-type headaches is not clear; however, they are thought to be triggered by certain situations, such as:
stress, emotional tension, depression or anxiety,
poor posture, which causes scalp and neck muscles to tense up,
squinting to read, which causes scalp muscles to tense up,
certain foods,
bright sunlight,
tiredness,
noise,
caffeine,
certain smells,
menstrual periods,
changes in the weather, and
daily use of painkillers (the body gets used to the painkillers and a withdrawal headache may occur if painkillers are not taken every day).

tell the guy to stop being a pussy.
and say that the light gives you a headache so he can GTF

stubs

14th Jul 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The screen isn't the main source of light... the BIG fucking windows are

The light doesn't give me a headache, but it does seem to make my eyes sore and make me less able to focus and concentrate on my screen... however, that may be a placebo effect
Neo

14th Jul 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Budgie
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

We both said the exact same thing budgie in 2 different ways
ed

14th Jul 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The temperature of strip lighting is totally gash and can give you sore eyes/headaches especially when combined with sitting at a monitor all day. It's worse in the winter when there is little natural light and I guess it depends on your window situation.

Used to drive me nuts when people had the blinds closed and the lights on. I really really hate the strip lights in my office
chr15barn3s

14th Jul 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy different bulbs to over come this! We have them in our office that give a more natural light and make it much more comfortable on the eyes.
whitter45

14th Jul 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lighting requirement will depend on natural light verus requirement

You need to have the Lux levels checked at work stations to ensure its optimum for productivity

also the type of fitment will always have an effecton lux but also colour temp not mentioning energy consumption

i have loads of information and calcs on how to light areas correcting
ProjectNCK

14th Jul 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought they give you headaches because its false lighting and throughout the day you need a certain level of natural lighting hence why alot of people feel down in the winter because they dont get sufficient natural lighting with early nights dark mornings etc

[Edited on 14-07-2010 by ProjectNCK]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Office lighting vs Headaches 23 database queries in 0.0114610 seconds