corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa XE queries

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa XE queries
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
14th Jul 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The big plug you change on the loom - where does this plug in? I'm assuming it's not the ECU one that you change since it's the XE ECU you're using...?

If anyone's sitting bored with any pictures and fancies explaining it it would be appreciated, I'm not clued up on this side of things at all. cheers
davieslim

15th Jul 10 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small green and black plug on the new engine loom, chop the plugs off and join the wires colour to colour or what ive done is cut the plugs off my old engines loom and soldered them to the xe loom so its plug and play
alan-g-w

15th Jul 10 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I right in thinking the earl engines don't have air temp sensors davie...? If so what do you do if the existing loom has the plug for it but the new engine doesn't have the sensor? Or am I being a tard.
davieslim

16th Jul 10 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

early looms dont tend to have it so remove it and block the hole up
alan-g-w

16th Jul 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bramd new mate, cheers.
davieslim

16th Jul 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the car sorted mate lol if you need a hand just give me a ring and ill come down and help you out
alan-g-w

17th Jul 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Appreciated Davie, but tbh it's not the doing it, it's finding somewhere that I'm able to do it - the street's sloped and it'd be a pain in the fanny to do. If you've got anywhere and be up for giving us a hand I'd be all ears, would deffo be up for giving you some cash towards it an all if you'd want. Give us a shout if so, if I don't get it sorted in the next couple of weeks I'm gonna have to just stick it into the bodyshop beside my work - they've quoted me £240 to swap the engines over for me.

[Edited on 17-07-2010 by alan-g-w]

New Poll