corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 corsa?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author v6 corsa?
ady28

User status: Offline
17th Jul 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there loads of work that goes into puttin a v6 engine in?
Scotty C

17th Jul 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.
ady28

17th Jul 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm redtop then or 2.0 8v sri 130
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably one of the most pointless conversions ever TBH. Other than the noise and the 'I have done that factor', I see no point in it at all.
Mieran

17th Jul 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Probably one of the most pointless conversions ever TBH. Other than the noise and the 'I have done that factor', I see no point in it at all.

Cheap 200bhp, no?

Lad on PNG gets 12s in his V6'd Nova, you can't get 12s with a C20XE. (standard engine I'm talking about)
scottyp1989

17th Jul 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair its not as hard as every one thinks. youn need a drivers side engine mount making. use a front mani off a veccy on the rear an mod the down pipe everythin else is the same as a xe
Corsa_Sport21

17th Jul 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Can i ask why u think that??Any specific reason?
Corsa_Sport21

17th Jul 10 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
to be fair its not as hard as every one thinks. youn need a drivers side engine mount making. use a front mani off a veccy on the rear an mod the down pipe everythin else is the same as a xe

That veccy manifold trick dosnt work.Sandsy on here tried it and it still caught the steering rack.The manifold needs chopped down.
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mieran
quote:

Cheap 200bhp, no?

Lad on PNG gets 12s in his V6'd Nova, you can't get 12s with a C20XE. (standard engine I'm talking about)

Most seem to use early 2.5's though which aren't even near 200 BHP.

TBH, I would eat my arse with a spoon if a Nova with a standard V6 in it does 12's. 13's perhaps but not 12's. (What V6 are we talking? 3.2?)

[Edited on 17-07-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Scotty C

17th Jul 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3.0 v6
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

Can i ask why u think that??Any specific reason?

Yes.

Lazy power. Power/weight gives no advantage over an XE. Not as tunable as a LET (far more work to install), poorer MPG than other options. Even heavier than an XE so further problems with handling the weight. An absolute bastard to change the belts on, especially if it is shoe-horned into a shopping trolley etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Monster
3.0 v6

With what else? Nitrous by any chance?

Mieran

17th Jul 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12.9 standard engine and 12.4 on NOS

Post #242

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88515&page=7
Corsa_Sport21

17th Jul 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lazy power can be cured by fitting an F20 with flat flywheel.Transforms them no end.Makes them rev like a bike and pull hard all the way.Weight wise they are the same as an LET with F28 and the handling should be better as there is more weight to the rear than an LET.
Common sense says the belts should be done b4 the engine goes into the car.
Set of "G" cams,3.8bar FPR and a free flowing exhaust,filter,will see nigh on 200bhp.
Agree with you on the conversion side of things though.

For the power to pound side of things,you cant beat it.
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mieran
12.9 standard engine and 12.4 on NOS

Post #242

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88515&page=7

If it was someone other than him I would doubt it but it's obviously VERY well set-up. R888's are man tyres but that won't be a standard C25, I bet it has the cam conversion done as a minimum.
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Lazy power can be cured by fitting an F20 with flat flywheel.Transforms them no end.Makes them rev like a bike and pull hard all the way.Weight wise they are the same as an LET with F28 and the handling should be better as there is more weight to the rear than an LET.
Common sense says the belts should be done b4 the engine goes into the car.
Set of "G" cams,3.8bar FPR and a free flowing exhaust,filter,will see nigh on 200bhp.
Agree with you on the conversion side of things though.

For the power to pound side of things,you cant beat it.

We were talking standard engines though. An XE inlet cam, a vice and some cheap chips off eBay or some pikey from Oldham will see 260+ BHP on a LET.

I really wouldn't like to say one way or the other on the distribution of the weight without actually paying close attention to one but I am happy to take your word for it. A lad I knew a while back has a 2.5 V6 Tigra, I may take a peeop and try to assess it but as with anything it depends on the quality of the conversion and he bought it for peanuts a few years back so I expect it to be a bit shit TBH!

I know it is prudent to change belts prior to a conversion, I do but many out there don't so try to say it's a £500 conversion to drop an XE in. However, anyone doing a conversion should be putting it into a shell that will last as otherwise it is dangerous and a waste of time and money, so servicing at a later date should be a contributing factor, in my opinion anyway. Sod taking an engine out to do the cambelt!
Corsa_Sport21

17th Jul 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But the price of an LET would be about 1k compared to say 300 for a C25XE(probably get the whole cavvy for that).
For outright power and tuning potential,the LET would be the sensible option.
For the shear fun factor(and noise) and as a 2nd best option,the V6 would come a close 2nd.

I would rather a V6 Corsa than an XE Corsa, but thats just personal opinion and experiance of both engines in a Mk3 Gsi and an XE in a Corsa.

Cambelt could probably be done in the bay of a V6 Corsa,albeit itl be a bit of a cunt to do.
Scotty C

17th Jul 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
3.0 v6

With what else? Nitrous by any chance?

No, I meant if you're going to do said conversion, may aswell go straight to the 3.0 insted

[Edited on 17-07-2010 by Monster]
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But the price of an LET would be about 1k compared to say 300 for a C25XE(probably get the whole cavvy for that).
For outright power and tuning potential,the LET would be the sensible option.
For the shear fun factor(and noise) and as a 2nd best option,the V6 would come a close 2nd.

I would rather a V6 Corsa than an XE Corsa, but thats just personal opinion and experiance of both engines in a Mk3 Gsi and an XE in a Corsa.

Cambelt could probably be done in the bay of a V6 Corsa,albeit itl be a bit of a cunt to do.

I have a MINT LET sat in the garge of my Mum's house, it was sold untlil I discovered there was no bloody engine number, I even said to the guy buying it that it occasionally puffed smoke at idle due to the turbo seals but it went away when it was put onto 15/40 on the advice of Bill Blydenstein (shows how long we are talking! :lol It's not like it has been ground off, it's not that it has been removed it has just never had one, the metal is there and when I have measured the gap between the engine face and the gearbox with a micrometer it's the bloody same. Shame as it is a belting lump, it was going for £1300 with a full Samco kit, fast road clutch, oil cooler, chrome covers etc but I think it can just sit there a few years as it had done 89k IIRC.

I may throw it in Corsa at a later date, or something else Vauxhall? Maybe even a Metro?

The V6 looks well in the Mark 3 Astra TBH. But it isn't a fair comparison.

quote:
No, I meant if you're going to do said conversion, may aswell go straight to the 3.0 insted

May as well use the 3.2.

Scotty C

17th Jul 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh, was unaware of a 3.2?! Same block as the c25xe?
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ahhh, was unaware of a 3.2?! Same block as the c25xe?

Scotty C

17th Jul 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it ever been done? Bhp as standard?
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Has it ever been done? Bhp as standard?

About 210 BHP out of the box IIRC but they are more about the torque than anything else. They share the same stroke as the 2.5 V6 so even though the power isn't jumped massively the torque would be daft is you put the 2 curves back to back.
Scotty C

17th Jul 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, true. I thought the c25xe was 180bhp standard?! If so, that isn't a big jump for an extra 700cc! Not very clued up on the v6's as u can tell
cunningham

17th Jul 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mates cavy made 202bhp from just fuel bar and free flowing exhaust good engines imo i would have another
Corsa_Sport21

17th Jul 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Aye, true. I thought the c25xe was 180bhp standard?! If so, that isn't a big jump for an extra 700cc! Not very clued up on the v6's as u can tell

167 standard iirc but with a good few miles under theyr belt,they tend to make about 180.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 corsa? 22 database queries in 0.0128810 seconds