corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 99 Sport... Centre Console Bulbs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 99 Sport... Centre Console Bulbs
Cursa

User status: Offline
   22nd Mar 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've put red covers on the bulbs behind the clock/date/temp display and the dials, but can't figure out how to do the ones behind the heater control.... I looked at the tutorials section, and the guy who wrote it has been unable to do it on his 2000 Sport... (cheers for the page btw!). Has anyone done this successfully on a sport from after 99? Or any car from after 99 as i assume they all changed circuits then.... Any advice would be great. Also, has anyone done the electric window switches? Opened the switch up but couldnt see the bulb! I also had the headlight switch off but couldn't see the bulbs for it!
RickV6

22nd Mar 03 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It took me fookin ages to do mine in the heater switch. Ya have to take out the heater facia completely (luckily had mine out for painting anyway) and then pull the switch out from back, then you have to strip the switch down by removing the back which is a bit fiddly, you have to get a small screwdriver and prise out around tabs.
Once apart you will see the soldered in bulb so you can put cover on it (dunno wot affect it will have as it shines thru a yellow lens) If you need to change bulb U2U me cos it gets a bit difficult and its an odd bulb from a VCR!
Marc

22nd Mar 03 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did mine other week, wot a bastard! b careful u dont snap heater controls when pullin em out!
Kris TD

22nd Mar 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep its a bar steward,
Cursa

22nd Mar 03 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads, I'll have another go! Spent about an hour just lookin at the fookin thing a couple of weeks ago! Nobody tried with the headlight controls then?
infinitycorsa

22nd Mar 03 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a pain inc the ass mate...take ur time if ya going to do it... dont rush and make sure all the cables for the heat s r put back on in the correct place..
Cursa

23rd Mar 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just speaking to a mate who's done his, he suggests taking out the CD player... Did anyone else do this and find it useful?
cobra148

23rd Mar 03 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think that will benefit you at all.

New Poll