corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b cruise control

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b cruise control
vcsport16v

User status: Offline
20th Jul 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anybody tried fitting this to there corsa b? If so was there any problems fitting or it working.
Cheers
Scotty C

20th Jul 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One question - why?
vcsport16v

20th Jul 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wanted to see if it could be done. Plus I'm lazy so will save a sore leg on long journeys!!
John

20th Jul 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think any ever came with it did they?

If not there won't be any way to do it without an after market kit if there is such a thing.
Scotty C

20th Jul 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, no corsa B ever came with it. And the money involved it really wouldn't be worth it
Haimsey
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked into this with regard to retro fitting it from an upmarket Omega (i think Omega)
But never went any futher than that. At the time though IIRC it did sound possible.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be done but you need a fair amount of parts from other cars. It was in Total Vauxhall a while back. They didn't say Corsa specifically iirc but it was for that era of car.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
vcsport16v

20th Jul 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is were I saw it today. I have email total vaux q&a to see if it is poss on the corsa b. Let's see what they say.
Mark B

20th Jul 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be easy with an xe
Crana

20th Jul 10 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use a brick
deano87

21st Jul 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be difficult with a Corsa B as it has a cable throttle, so theoretically something would have to keep the throttle body open and cable under tension.

Most cars with cruise have electronic throttles which I think is called fly by wire. Hence the Corsa C having cruise control.
AlexW

22nd Jul 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Preety simple when i looked into it. Hardest bit would be mounting of the cable onto the throttle body.

Vectra V6's have cruise control with cable throttle, my brother retro-fitted cruise control to his vectra that didnt have it.

The throttle body cable thing needs something so the cruise control cable can fit on.

Could all be sorted easily imo though.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove a Chrysler Voyager hire car from work - 2.4 4 cyl, with 145 bhp Even worse, it had 7 people in it, so didn't move - 70 on the motorway was a nightmare, on hills you had to change to 4th to hold 65...

Reason I posted was that it scared the shit out of me when I turned the cruise control on - it also had a cable throttle, and therefore the pedal moved to keep it to its speed. When I first turned it on, the pedal just went to the floor, so bloody wierd!

It also used £70 of petrol to do a round trip of just less than 300 miles
swill_omnibus

22nd Jul 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
I drove a Chrysler Voyager hire car from work - 2.4 4 cyl, with 145 bhp Even worse, it had 7 people in it, so didn't move - 70 on the motorway was a nightmare, on hills you had to change to 4th to hold 65...

Reason I posted was that it scared the shit out of me when I turned the cruise control on - it also had a cable throttle, and therefore the pedal moved to keep it to its speed. When I first turned it on, the pedal just went to the floor, so bloody wierd!

It also used £70 of petrol to do a round trip of just less than 300 miles

And I though 200miles on £20 in mine was bad...

And yeah was in TV a while back, think you'd need a different clutch pedal that accomodates the cruise control switch too aswell as other omega/vectra parts. Personally not worth the hassle unless you put a fly-by-wire engine in.

[Edited on 22-07-2010 by swill_omnibus]
vcsport16v

22nd Jul 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what iv read on it, it seems possible but a few questions would need answering before I pay out for it like does the cruise control stalk fit with everything still working ie indicators and full beam, is there a location for the clutch switch to fit into on the pedal box, and I don't no how the throttle cable is attached to the throttle on a standard x16xe as on the dbilas inlet for example the cable wraps around.
AlexW

22nd Jul 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^Fits same on the standard.

Stalk is the same, just a bit of extra wiring.

Car wont do the same MPG on cruise control than with your right foot.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cruise control is the TITS though, would be pretty easy on an XE engine...

New Poll