corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Making a home gym!! What equipment?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Making a home gym!! What equipment?
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
20th Jul 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to make the attic room into a small home gym and am just looking for advice on what equipment to look at.

Looking for decent, reliable budget stuff but not sure what brands to look at and any decent websites to look on?

Will be looking for treadmill, bike, cross trainer, rower and one of those multi-weight machines. Probably a couple of mats and some free weights aswell

Im a bit OCD about stuff like this so ideally all the same brand and colour scheme so it looks neat

Any recommendations and any idea how much I will be looking at, all in, for the above

Thanks in advance guys

[Edited on 20-07-2010 by corsaaa_16v]
Dan
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heavy free weights.........Attic..........sounds dangerous lol

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
corsaaa_16v

21st Jul 10 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Heavy free weights.........Attic..........sounds dangerous lol

It may well go in the garage yet but just wanting to get an idea on how much I would be looking at spending to get a bit of kit and what brands I should be looking at that are reliable and good quality but dont break the bank
Neo

21st Jul 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriends parents have converted their garage into a gym

All they have is a multigym including bench, loads of free weights, bike and a water rower. Both sides are mirrored and theres a stereo and lighting. Fairly straight forward but can do pretty much everything in there.

I wouldn't spend out on a treadmill as you can just go running.

If it all has to look the same, go for a brand you can afford. Whats your budget ?

[Edited on 21-07-2010 by Neo]
dan_m1les

21st Jul 10 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By going on what you are after DO NOT put it in the attic! that is a hell of a lot of weight in machines etc. and also even if you got cheapy stuff brand new you are still looking at around £2000 worth of stuff and it won't be good quality machines.

Give me a shout if you need any help I work for a company supplying this stuff
corsaaa_16v

21st Jul 10 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
My girlfriends parents have converted their garage into a gym

All they have is a multigym including bench, loads of free weights, bike and a water rower. Both sides are mirrored and theres a stereo and lighting. Fairly straight forward but can do pretty much everything in there.

I wouldn't spend out on a treadmill as you can just go running.

If it all has to look the same, go for a brand you can afford. Whats your budget ?

[Edited on 21-07-2010 by Neo]

Thanks mate, sounds like the sort of thing Im after

No idea where to start when trying to guess a budget, no idea what stuff is worth? Maybe £1000?
Neo

21st Jul 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a grand the quality of the products will be shoddy.

I'd try and get a bit more saved up and get some fairly decent kit if your going to be using it a lot. Plus you would never need to replace it (apart from the obvious parts that snap)

To give you an idea of pricing - Highly recommend this rower - http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-2403.aspx

Or if you want to go for a mainstream brand like York to save money -

A York MultiGym - http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-3757.aspx

Matching Rower - (Don't know what the quality is like or how smooth it is etc - http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-0739.aspx

York Weights - http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-9533.aspx

The multigym is probably a bit ott, but probably about that price for some decent kit.

ssj_kakarot

21st Jul 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not being funny but i would just join a gym and turn the attic into something more fun like a media/games room

for the price you would need to spend its just not worth it, not to mention you will probally out grow the weights quite fast if you stick to it.

the motivation thing is also an issue, its a lot easier to just not bother when you have it in your house, much better motivation wise going to a gym.

A2H GO

21st Jul 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, spend the money on a years membership( will give to a bit more motivation to keep at it if you know youve paid for it) and save/spend the rest on something esle.
corsaaa_16v

21st Jul 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys - got some re-thinking to do
Jamie Walby

21st Jul 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TV, sofa and beer fridge, job done!

New Poll