corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private Plate

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Private Plate
whitter45

User status: Offline
21st Jul 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its becoming more hassle than its worth

Basically I received a rentention certificate when I removed the plate form the TT- sent it to the dealers via Lex and as if by magic the BMW arrived with the plate on

Now its due back - I paid my fee to have the plate put on retention and the DVLA sent the certificate through

However Lex are stating they do not know the orginal plate and that I should just put my old plates back on the car. However I do not have any plates as the car came brand new with my private plate

So my car is nw stuck on the private plate but I have the plate on rentention - which I am guessing is illegal

I also need to get an MOT booked in before they will issue my new car but I cant as I do not know the reg

Not sure what to do as I am awaiting Lex's response

Anyone had similar experinces
John

21st Jul 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The DVLA would have sent the new keeper supplement out with the registration on it.
whitter45

21st Jul 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The DVLA would have sent the new keeper supplement out with the registration on it.

exactly

I am still using the car so Lex should have this but they say they dont

As i need new plates and new tax disc with updated details

Useless they are
Colin

21st Jul 10 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think my private plates a pain in the crotch THE END!!! Wish i'd never bothered!!
whitter45

21st Jul 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the feeling

So I think at present my private plate is still on the car which is illegal
Colin

21st Jul 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think there should be an easier way to do it than the one at present. Plus £105 is a kick in the nuts!!
whitter45

21st Jul 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah tell me about it
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jul 10 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you take the plate off, you'll be told what the plate is that it's going back on. This isn't necessarily the same one it came off and of course in your case certainly isn't.

I had the same with a car that was registered straight to my private plate from new, no problem they just assigned an 03 plate and gave me a form with it on.

I would also imagine they'll tell you if you phone them up and ask. Biggest problem there is that you'll need to pay to get the plastics made up. Or you could just leave yours on, get whoever supplies your new car to make some new ones up and you'll not stand the expense of buying new plastics for a car you're not keeping.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private Plate 22 database queries in 0.0108368 seconds