corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What's the deal with Edward Elgar £20 notes?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What's the deal with Edward Elgar £20 notes?
Dom

User status: Offline
24th Jul 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been sorting through some old stuff in the loft and found a £20 note in one of my books, will banks exchange these? I've heard that shops and banks don't have to and the only place to change it is the Bank of England, that true?
MJFF88

24th Jul 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're telling customers to exchange them at the bank, but no shops will take them
mattk

24th Jul 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye take it the bank
Dom

24th Jul 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will any bank exchange it or just the BoE? I've read that shops and banks don't have to accept/exchange them
AndyKent

24th Jul 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think because they're not technically legal tender any more shops don't HAVE to take them. A cashier at a supermarket probably won't even realise though.
Cosmo

24th Jul 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Banks do have to change them iirc, however shops shouldn't be accepting them anymore.
Generation

24th Jul 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All banks take them, however ours requires you to pay them into your account, before we swap them(HSBC) post office will do it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What's the deal with Edward Elgar £20 notes? 22 database queries in 0.0126340 seconds