corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trickle chargers, good enough for the job?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trickle chargers, good enough for the job?
kz

User status: Offline
25th Jul 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi my car's going to be parked up unused for over a month, and I need to work on some electronics. Will this trickle charger be good enough? Cheapest one but as long as it does the job right?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silverline-12V-Trickle-Battery-Charger-Car-Bike-634004-/290414820862?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item439e127dfe#ht_2433wt_911

How should these be used, i.e. how long shall I keep it on for and how often would I need to use it. I don't think my batteries that new, probably could do with replacing soon anyway.

Anything else I should consider whilst having the car parked up? Cheers
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take it off the car, and it should hold a charge, if not it's shagged anyway.
kz

25th Jul 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do batteries loose voltage when they're dying? I'm not really sure on the way they worked...

Only I checked it yesterday and it's only reading @ 7.7v.
Bonney

25th Jul 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one of these for the bike. Just put it on it 2 or 3 times a week does the job great

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPTIMAX-MOTORBIKE-12V-BATTERY-OPTIMISER-CHARGER-NEW-/400129548212?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d29945fb4

corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say it's knacked, just get a new one. But don't go to Halfords to get it, you can get a good one from any proper motor factor for £30.
sand-eel

25th Jul 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Do batteries loose voltage when they're dying? I'm not really sure on the way they worked...

Only I checked it yesterday and it's only reading @ 7.7v.

Should be about 13v for a "12v" battery.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trickle chargers, good enough for the job? 22 database queries in 0.3281569 seconds