corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Some tips pleeease!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some tips pleeease!!
bubble

User status: Offline
   26th Jul 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi folks, i recently started back into getting snap happy, and i am looking to get more info on various techniques.

i have mastered night light trails, and getting some good effects, but in the day when trying to get ghost images,i have noticed that i cant seem to get the blur without letting a shed load of light in and ruining the pic.

what am i doing wrong?
andy1868

26th Jul 10 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a graduated neutral density filter (also known as an ND Grad filter) will do what you're after, it basically lets less light into the lens which means you can use longer shutter speeds (creating the blur effect) in normal lighting. you can get different ones, the darker you have the longer you can have the shutter open etc

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by andy1868]
John

26th Jul 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could also use a tiny aperture, unless you've already tried that, means you don't have any control over dof though.
AndyKent

26th Jul 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blurring in the daylight always gives an odd effect I find. As said, ISO to minimum, small aperture and stick a dark filter on the front.

Panning the daylight on the other hand looks great for motorsport stuff and doesn't need any additional kit.
bubble

26th Jul 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Could also use a tiny aperture, unless you've already tried that, means you don't have any control over dof though.

can u explain aperture for me? im trying understand it, but its smashing my head in
John

26th Jul 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the f number, the higher the f number the less light gets into the camera, the problem is that the depth of field will be infinite, won't be able to get a blurred background effect.
bubble

26th Jul 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It's the f number, the higher the f number the less light gets into the camera, the problem is that the depth of field will be infinite, won't be able to get a blurred background effect.

why cant the internet say it like that
andy1868

26th Jul 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here you go mate, here's a simple to understand walkthrough of the settings on your camera, it taught me the fundamentals if you're having problems just give it a look through

to read the thread you'll need to become a member on the talk photography forums
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=154225

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Some tips pleeease!! 23 database queries in 0.0098698 seconds