corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tall Trees Club M, Yarm

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tall Trees Club M, Yarm
Dom

User status: Offline
26th Jul 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been given tickets to see Deadmau5 at the end of next month, but i know nothing about the venue and there seems to be naff all about it on the net.
Anyone been or know what the place is like? I've been told they are pretty strict on dress code (smart shoes/trainers, designer jeans etc etc), this true?
Also, as it's the other end of the country anyone know of any hotels/inns/lodges that are near the venue?
JonnyJ

26th Jul 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don;t really know too much about Tall trees however Yarm is a nice place, decent night out.

Not much help like but you know
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Jul 10 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairly strict dress code. There's a hotel in the grounds, or was when I went. More expensive than finding something else although you'll probably make that back by not needing a taxi.

Its quite a strange place. When I went there were actually two venues, some wacky 70s bar looked like the social club out of Gavin and Stacey and a fairly big club on a few levels next to it with someones big living room in the middle.
lostboy
Banned

26th Jul 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been to tall trees before, was an epic night, paid for the tickets and free drinks all night, although I think the drinks are watered down as I drank fucking loads and was only half cut and the Jagermiester didn't taste right.

But it was bouncing and good fun.
Colin

26th Jul 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm I stayed in the hotel a few months ago when I was training at the International Fire & Rescue Centre. Quite a big place!
Colin

26th Jul 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I almost got thrown out for laying on the grand piano in the upstairs bar

If going i'd try to get a hotel in Yarm town centre above a pub or something!! Tall Trees hotel was too expensive for what it was!!
Dom

26th Jul 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all! Was reading that it was a hotel and i was a bit "you what?", but apparently the club is huge and on three floors and it seems that it can be a decent night if the place is packed (which is should be being Deadmau5).

Was going to ask if it's worth staying in the Hotel, but Colin you seem to back up what the pictures state, expensive (£100+ a night) for what you get.
Anyone know what Taxis are like around there? Seen a premiere inn 3 miles up the road in Cleveland(?) for £30 which is a done deal But obviously don't want to get stuck with a £50 taxi ride etc

Oh and anyone know what drinks costs are like? Heard that it's pretty expensive....
Josh Ack
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Club 's the kiddy night, And you could wear whatever you want tbh, but yeah i always thought the adult one is called retro cos when i was a bit younger all my mates went to club m now we go to retro. So i dont know mate.
Colin

26th Jul 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the hotels £100 a night, we were even more ripped on a corporate rate. Find a room above a pub in Yarm!!
Josh Ack
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a B&B down the road fella
Dom

28th Jul 10 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Ack
Theres a B&B down the road fella

Can you remember the name? Decent? Been looking through what comes up on a google search but can't tell if the B&Bs (Old mill etc) are any good or not.
G_Man

28th Jul 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There may be a hotel at Durham tees valley airport, or look for places nearby, maybe thornaby, yarm etc with hotels? Only live down the road but not sure what hotels are around.
M2RTY

28th Jul 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anywhere in middlesbrough is a taxi drive away

largest club in europe, or it used to be
Colin

28th Jul 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a lot smaller now, apparently in the day it had a swimming pool in the actual club!!
grogan

29th Jul 10 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8LhFyCstz8

really good night out, theres a few hotels near by like st georges at the airport, yarm cottages and a few b&b's!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tall Trees Club M, Yarm 22 database queries in 0.0092990 seconds