corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who still lives at home?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who still lives at home?
Paul_J

User status: Offline
26th Jul 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought I'd see what the general consensus on CS is.

I have not lived at home full time for about 4 or 5 years. I was a student living in shared houses at university, then went travelling and have been renting a flat since I have returned.

Truthfully I never realised how much money it would cost to live away from home properly (not at uni), with rent, council tax, bills, food, etc you're probably looking at, at least £800 a month going out.

I've realised one of two things recently.

One I'm not going to be able to afford a decent mortgage for a house for a fair while at the current rate of saving, I'm not talking about a 10% deposit mortgage - I'm talking about a decent one ~ 20-30% deposit (so not totally raped by high interest rate).

The other thing I realised was that I'm not totally sure where I want to settle, whether it's around where I am at the moment, perhaps london, perhaps somewhere else?

Therefore I have decided that in about a months time I'll move back in with my parents short term, to help me save as much money as possible (probably a year?). I really get on well with my parents, so that should be ok, but the thought of living back at home scares me.

Overall I see it as a short term sacrifice for a long term gain. I don't want to end up like the guy who lives in the flat above me, 35 years old renting and still no where near a decent deposit.

- So how many of you still live at home? Those of you that do are you itching to move out or are you quite content? Do your mates take the piss that you still live at home?
Jake

26th Jul 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 23 and live at home, i pay rent but its fucking cushy and no one takes the piss out of me. im not moving out til im at least 25
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still live at home, 25 next month. I get on fine with my mum, I'm in my room on here most of the time and she's in front room so it works out well

At the minute I couldn't afford to move out, hopefully in a few years time when I have a better job I will do.
Joe

26th Jul 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23, still at home, would move out if I could afford to or was with someone I could live with.
Cole

26th Jul 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live next door lol
Conway563

26th Jul 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 26, moved out 4 or 5 years ago. Moved back in with my mum while my divorce went through 2 years ago and have been living with my girlfriend for just over a year
We contemplated moving back with her parents to save for a year but it's not easy with 2 kids so we'll be renting for quite a while yet

My wages are due to double next year though so fingers crossed that goes through as we're planning to continue living like we're skint and putting all the extra into savings

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by Conway563]
oceansoul

26th Jul 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 24 and live at home, i pay rent (stupidly small amount). Im not moving out for a good few years i reckon.
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still live at home and pay a bit of rent for food and that, but all of my mates still live at home too (however one plans to move to his mrs' house) so nobody really cares.

I wanted to move out years ago like I think most people want to, but I simply can't afford it which is why I didn't Basically if I did have a deposit for a small house (which is rare and expensive round here) then all of my wages would go into that, and that doesn't include running the car. So unless I lived right next to work so I could walk and never went out or went anywhere other than work, it would just be financially impossible

It would obviously be made easier if I house shared with people but I have no idea who I'd move in with because my mates are happy at home (apart from to one who wants to move in with his mrs obviously).

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
adiohead

26th Jul 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm about to move into my first property with my fiancee, once the fecking mortgage is sorted

We've bought a 3 bed 1930s semi with a garage. I bought this yesterday to go in it:

Just gotta replace the speaker cloth

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by adiohead]
csweatherston

26th Jul 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
23, still at home, would move out if I could afford to or was with someone I could live with.

Snap!.
23 fast approaching 24... The mrs is starting uni in sept, and i dont want to live in a bachalor pad with other lads.

However, ive got my own driveway, bathroom, bedroom and office.. which works well for me.
JodieSarah

26th Jul 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im only 20 and im quite content at home. I go through phases where i am itching to move out and be independent i think i would enjoy it, i just think its too easy to get stuck in a rut this young though.
Paul_J

26th Jul 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I still live at home, 25 next month. I get on fine with my mum, I'm in my room on here most of the time and she's in front room so it works out well

My parents house has 2 living rooms, both with big flat screen tvs... I think I'd just claim one as mine and let them sit in theirs

I think I'm going to be paying them £250 which is a laughably low amount since I'll get food included but then I'm there to save.

I just have memories of being on placement year, living at home I managed to save enough money to go travelling and that was on a really poor wage. I'm on a fairly good wage now, so living at home should leave me saving a lot in a year! On top of what I have saved already I think i'd easily get a deposit on a flat at the end if I desire.

I'm slightly afraid that once I'm settled I won't want to move out especially if I'm banking a lot.
Nath

26th Jul 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

26 and still at home. Aiming to be out by next year though. Just need to pay for the car and stuff first then I'll be good to go.
Aaron

I moved out when i was 23. Mortgage will be paid off by the time i'm 29 if things stay as they are (i'm now 27 btw)
AndyKent

A while back I was dying to move out, now vie kind of realized while I have it easy at home I should just get on with it and keep piling the money away.

My house deposit fund is getting pretty deep now, thigh I could do with earning a bit more to be able to borrow more and get somewhere decent.

It's the choice between moving out for the sake of it and buy somewhere 'ok', or wait another year/18 months and try and get somewhere better.

I'm 22 now, so not the end of the world to stay at home for a little bit longer by any means.
ssj_kakarot

26th Jul 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im at home nearly 25 and at uni, no way would i share with a bunch of scruffy fucks in a scummy student flat share.

i would love to move out but dont have a partner at the moment and even if i get a half decent job at uni i dont see how i could afford to move out any time soon tbh.

but i get on with my parents and like it at home so not to bad i guess.
GF-91
Banned

26th Jul 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 19; and I still live at home.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay my mum £30 a week Paul, that's fuck all really. I'm quite happy here plus the houses around here arent that cheap and nice houses dont come up for sale too often.
LukeS

26th Jul 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

19 and still live at home , but ill be living here part time next month
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GF-91
I'm 19; and I still live at home.

sames
AndyKent

26th Jul 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I worked out a few weeks back it cost my mum something like £250 to keep me at home (all in, food, gas, water etc etc.) and I pay £275.

How the fuck you get away with £120 amazes me
Joe

26th Jul 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the age of moving out dropped dramatically or something? I really feel I should be moving out at my age but simply I could never afford to on my own but plenty of people seem to?

I guess if there was 2 incomes it would be perfectly feasable, but as a singleton there is no chance.
JaffaTB

26th Jul 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

28 still live at home, but stay at our lasses house every night just got all my stuff at my parents house, give my mum 55 quid a week
N3CRO

26th Jul 10 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still living at home @ 28.
Not liking it but can't afford to move out.
Always thought I'd be out by the time I was 22 but life didn't work out as planned.

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by TheNobleOne]
MarkSport

26th Jul 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do and I'm 24.Plan to move out early next year once my college has got rolling

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who still lives at home? 23 database queries in 0.0154500 seconds