corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 1st time at the karting!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1st time at the karting!
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 10 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd post a couple of pics from my first night at the karting last week! I had an amazing night (after feeling slightly nervous beforehand)

It was a 2 hour endurance race, we managed 305 laps in the 2 hours with the fastest lap of the night coming from one of our team members. Came 2nd overall with a 2 lap gap between us and the winners!

Our Team - Haig Transport

Me digging the racing suit haha!!

Cannot wait to go back!!!!
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and I'll be sure to buy trainers fro next time haha!
Graham88

3rd Aug 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go Karting is awesome I came 3rd with my mate in a competition at Buckmore Park recently, it's good fun
JonnyJ

3rd Aug 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you race in those shoes Jade?

Go karting is AWESOME, absolutely love it
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Yeah I've learned my lesson for next time tho...tbh it's one pair of a small collection of flat shoes that I own! I think my team were convinced I was going to arrive in heels!!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol at the shoes

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
AndyKent

3rd Aug 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racing in those shoes

How come you came second but standing on the first place podium?
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Racing in those shoes

How come you came second but standing on the first place podium?

It made me feel better haha! Prob the only chance I'll get on 1st place at the podium! It was just a team photo so could stand anywhere!!
AndyKent

3rd Aug 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I see, I thought that was finishing positions when I first looked.
Limecat
Banned

3rd Aug 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A woman in a race team coming second? Were you there to make the brews and sammiches for the drivers or were there only 2 teams?

@ the shoes.

I sodding love karting, I used to go regularly and kicked arse, I won every single time I went, except for the last one. My mate even got one of his friends down from Scotland who was apparently a stock car champion of some description to try and beat me. He failed.

Last time I went I only came third though due to some dirty tactics. Not been again since.
SetH

3rd Aug 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aww bless you Jade in that 2nd picture you look 14
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
My mate even got one of his friends down from Scotland who was apparently a stock car champion of some description to try and beat me. He failed.

Awesome
CorsAsh

3rd Aug 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love that track, well done on your podium too
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Aww bless you Jade in that 2nd picture you look 14

Aye, looking a bit washed out!! Haha! The glamorous world of helmets and racesuits!! Loved it tho!!
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was so proud to be in the team who came 2nd. haha! It was haulage companies who were taking part, 6 teams, 5 members in each!

Deffo won't be my last trip to the karting!!!
Shell
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A woman in a race team coming second? Were you there to make the brews and sammiches for the drivers or were there only 2 teams?

@ the shoes.

I sodding love karting, I used to go regularly and kicked arse, I won every single time I went, except for the last one. My mate even got one of his friends down from Scotland who was apparently a stock car champion of some description to try and beat me. He failed.

Last time I went I only came third though due to some dirty tactics. Not been again since.
name of said stock car driver?
Nath

3rd Aug 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
My mate even got one of his friends down from Scotland who was apparently a stock car champion of some description to try and beat me. He failed.

Awesome

LET is the fucking best.
SetH

3rd Aug 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
I was so proud to be in the team who came 2nd. haha! It was haulage companies who were taking part, 6 teams, 5 members in each!

could we have the makings of another Scottish female Time Attack driver?
Jake

3rd Aug 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"stock car champion"
Ben J

3rd Aug 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Yeah I've learned my lesson for next time tho...tbh it's one pair of a small collection of flat shoes that I own! I think my team were convinced I was going to arrive in heels!!

Loving the shoes!!

So were you quite quick then?? Must have been if team came 2nd!

I remember my missus went karting for the first time about a year ago and loved it! She was the fastest girl by a mile. I was dead proud!
Limecat
Banned

3rd Aug 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
quote:

@ the shoes.

name of said stock car driver?

I just know him as 'Bertie', only met him a few times TBH. Really sound guy. Funnily enough, he now lives round the corner from my old man as my mate knew him through work. He works for Broughtons in Oldham if thats any help, but I think he travels a lot judging by how rarely his van is outside his house?

He used to have a red Mk3 Astra GSI.
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:

could we have the makings of another Scottish female Time Attack driver?

I would love to say yes to this I think I'll be leaving it up to Fee to fly the female flag at the mo - she's doing superb

I do have track lessons lined up though but still got a LONG way to go!!!!
SetH

3rd Aug 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, everyone starts somewhere! I bet you are a better driver then Colin also
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Loving the shoes!!

So were you quite quick then?? Must have been if team came 2nd!

I remember my missus went karting for the first time about a year ago and loved it! She was the fastest girl by a mile. I was dead proud!

My fastest lap was 22.08secs fastest lap of the night was 21.34secs so I'm pretty happy with that - hey it was my 1st time!!
Ben J

3rd Aug 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell!! Well done!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 1st time at the karting! 23 database queries in 0.0232050 seconds