corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » more power.. so soon!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author more power.. so soon!
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 10 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup.. ive just put together a small shopping list of some more internal parts of the engine.

8.9:1 +0.020 Wiseco Pistons (needs rebore)
Forged Eagle Rods
+1mm oversized GM Racing valves
GM Racing Duel valve spring kit

coupled with a new head gasket and inlet gasket and a smaller s/c pulley i should be looking at about 300bhp / 230ftlbs

Nath

3rd Aug 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I have some seeds from your money tree?!
AK

3rd Aug 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forged rods, double valve springs, big valves.... thats a lot of kit for a modest 300bhp :S

What engine?
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a Z22se engine adam, the 2.2.

the rods and standard pistons are not capable of running 300+bhp, the new stuff would be fine running much much more, all id have to do is change the eaton supercharger to a harrop one and have 350-375 bhp.

[Edited on 03-08-2010 by chris_uk]
AK

3rd Aug 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit surprised at that...

I was thinking you were going to say 1600 mini or something.

VX220 - should be fun with a SC and 300+
FlamingCorsa

3rd Aug 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot power did u get upto after re map with courtney?

how mucho are you expeting to spend on this?

i wish i had your spending abilites, i am rubbish at spending! i am moaning at the min about insuring the vx or van, and needing to buy a secoind hand bug to get van back sorted again after last track day! lol
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 270bhp @7000rpm.

but the fuel pump was dying at anything over 6400 and the standard rods just cant take anything more than that.

so i need to get it all sound and strong so i can make it a reliable 300+ bhp.

on the vid when i was changing at 5500rpm it had 227bhp, at 6000rpm it has 246bhp and at 7000rpm it has 270bhp.

this lot is going to cost about £700 and then im gunna send the car away for a week to get it all fitted for about £600 but that includes the re-bore and the machining for the valves.

FlamingCorsa

3rd Aug 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not to bad then really! i was epxecing you to say more! is that you takeing engine apart or someone else?

seems worth it for piece of mind and knowing u can also get more power!
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no mechanical problems with doing it, id have to find somewhere to get the re-bore done and the machining for the valves so i can just drop my car off and pick it up a week later with it all done, the lad knows this engine inside and out and he knows the machineshop aswell, so its just easier. .

plus i cant face taking everything to bits again lol
FlamingCorsa

3rd Aug 10 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems cracking price for them to do work so seems worth while doing it that way definatly :-)
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i just need to get bits ordered, they are coming from the usa, whats the deal with the tax situation there?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » more power.. so soon! 22 database queries in 0.0115330 seconds