corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Helga 6n2 Polo.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Helga 6n2 Polo.
nathy_87

User status: Offline
   4th Aug 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make Volkswagon
Model Polo
Colour Reflex Silver

Thought I'd start a project thread to show my car off.

Bought my car back in 2007 after rolling my 5dr corsa B, only 6months after passing my driving test. went to Carcraft, and this is the first car I looked at. Bought it there and then without taking it for a test drive. :S. It's a 3dr Silver 3dr Hatchback, VW Polo. W reg (2000) currently on private plates.

When I got it i decided to debadge it and spray the alloys matt black so it wern't all silver, In August 2008 I popped along to my local Powerflow dealer (Stafford), and asked him to do his job. £130 and few man hours later she was ready to be listend to. June that year I received a Private plate for my 21st which I was happy with. (pics below)

Left it like that for a while, as I had other problems to worry about at the time, which are more/less sorted now. Later that year I signed up to a vw only site and tagged along for a while (based in Birmingham), and got a few ideas of the guys & girls there. Later that year I went to a vinyling shop and got my roof done which cost £70, i was chuffed as a kid in a sweet shop. (pics below).

While that was going on, I had a crazy thought of turning it into a GTi Replica, so I had got my hands on some ultra rare 16" BBS RXII's and fitted them, some GTI interior seats and GTi honycombe grill with GTi badge (as you can probably tell my original grill has silver slats and my bottom grill are honycombe):

While scouting and looking at GTI's I noticed few had different things to each others so that's where things stopped. my girlfriends sisters, boyfriend (:S) sold me a sub & amp for £40 fitted and even though people slag the make off I think it's a cracking sub/amp. Things had gone quiet for a while and I decided to get something else done as i have now caught the modding bug. As i had seen jenko from another site and fell in love with his car, i asked him where he got the chequres done, and pointed me in Ian's direction so I arranged to pop up one evening and get it done. Week later and I'm still as pleased with them. (need to upload photos). Nothing else has been done but will keep this updated as I go along.

Sub/Amp:

Last few weeks i've had a fair few things done which I'm pleased with. I'll start off with getting my Mirrors and Petrol Cap chequred to match the roof:

Before:

After:

Then yesterday I received some goodies as I needed new fog lights (as one of the cases had cracked) and side repeaters:

Before:

After:

So it's all upto date at the moment. Got a few things lined up for it which are;

. Rear number plate recess smoothed. - Awaiting Date
. Lazy eye bonnet extention. - Awaiting Date.
. Debadged Honeycombe Grill for the front. - Waiting for arrival.
. Coilovers. - End of September.

Will keep you updated with future mods.

C & C welcome.
nathy_87

20th Aug 10 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car has been off the road the last few days due to clutch/gearbox problems, so I'm awaiting the mechanic to come round and repair it all for me

Roll on September.

[Edited on 20-08-2010 by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo]
nathy_87

1st Sep 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car got repaired at a whopping £320 but it's all good now.

Managed to get a bonnet bra £35 so that should be arriving in the next few weeks so once that's on i'll have more photos.

C&C welcome please, I want to know what can be improved/where I'm going wrong.
Rich H

2nd Sep 10 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You actually keeping it this time then? Lost count of the amount of times you've made threads about swaps / replacments / what's it worth etc
John

2nd Sep 10 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell the bonnet bra on ebay as soon as you receive it.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Sep 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a nice little car, dunno why you always posting up much worse cars to replace it with, like that BMW

don't really like the chequered stuff, not my thing.

what size engine is it?
nathy_87

2nd Sep 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich H- Yes I am, (unless a decent VW Caddy comes my way) and I do apologise for those silly threads, I just fancied a change so bad for a retro car, no more now though.

John- How come?

3CM- It's a 1.4L thought I posted that my bad.

Hopefully getting it lowered end of September too (either coilvers or shocks & springs) aswell as getting central locking on my keyfob, (as it didn't come with that) and a dixie horn just for laughs.

[Edited on 02-09-2010 by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Helga 6n2 Polo. 23 database queries in 0.0056770 seconds