corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England squad

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England squad
p

User status: Offline
8th Aug 10 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aka let Robbo blow his load over the Wilshire inclusion.

England squad to face Hungary:
Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Paul Robinson (Blackburn)
Defenders: Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea)
Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)
Forwards: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)

All that aside. If Wilshire isn't going t get many games at Arsenal, then he must move out on loan.... Seeing as he seems to be our biggest young talent.
Limecat
Banned

8th Aug 10 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems a bit TOO 'knee jerk' to me TBH.
p

8th Aug 10 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

Needs to try something.
Limecat
Banned

8th Aug 10 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

Needs to try something.

Drop what was effectively your first and second choice keepers? Forget everything else, that strikes me as doing what he is told due to prick fans TBH.
12vStig

8th Aug 10 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i dont think hes omitted enough players, wholesale changes alá Laurent Blanc would've gave the likes of Terry, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney the kick up the backside they need.

This is just a half-way-house, had Ferdinand been fit we could still play near enough the same side we'd expect to see and that hasn't performed since 2004.

Capello needs to ditch 4-4-2, let the big-names know that they aren't set in stone to play, and give some young, albeit unproven, players the experience they vitally need so they can oust the likes of Gerrard and Terry.

Players like Robinson and Brown may have come back from the international wilderness, but we all know what they are capable of.

If it were up to me Micah Richards, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Lee Cattermole to name but a few would all be in the squad.

Hart

Jagielka Cahill Dawson Gibbs

Milner Barry Lampard

Wilshere Zamora A.Johnson

would be worth experimenting with at some point IMO, although Barry has hardly covered himself in glory, and i'd much rather Huddlestone, Parker etc got a run out.

Sorry for the rant... saturday night stuck in playing taxi

[Edited on 08-08-2010 by 12vStig]
Limecat
Banned

8th Aug 10 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you on SERIOUS fucking drugs?

You would want to send Bobby Zamora out there as the one that would punish a defence and make a nation sit up and think 'this England team is alright TBH!'.

You Sir, are a proper fucking spastic. Forget the rest of your shite, that alone proves your head was slammed against a dresser as a nipper. You knob.
Ben D

8th Aug 10 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If it were up to me Micah Richards, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Lee Cattermole to name but a few would all be in the squad

Why? Richards is utter crap as a CB and crqp at going forward as a wing back! Huddlestone, again why? he's crap, as for scott parker and cattermole they are at Shit teams for obvious reasons..... Because they are.. yes you guessed it... shit!

quote:
Originally posted by 12vStig.

Hart

Jagielka Cahill Dawson Gibbs

Milner Barry Lampard

Wilshere Zamora A.Johnson

I'm sorry but that teams is utter toss! You have the Over rated Milner & barry who just do not perform at international level! Lampard who is a fat old cunt! Wilshere and Johnson, who may be exciting prospects but are effectively children and thus unproven, Zamora.... I'm sorry why on earth do you morons Believe the hype wrote about this guy in the Sun? have you bothered watching this waste of space play? he is championship quality in my eyes, so what he scored a couple of goals in the europa league, why is that a noteworthy achievement? other than it was fulham who managed it, wake up!

As for Gibbs, has he finished school yet? i do think hart is the right choice though

[Edited on 08-08-2010 by Ben D]
12vStig

8th Aug 10 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bobby Zamora, impressed in a team that reached the europa final last year. Who else in the traditional "number 9" mould do we have? i would've taken Zamora to the world cup over heskey. With hindsight that would look a great call.

I've also suggested Jack Wilshere, an 18 year old with half a seasons premiership football under his belt should start, but that doesn't make me a "knob" or "on serious drugs" because it conforms with the sun, sky, or whatever media outlets propaganda you 'choose' to believe.

My biggest gripe with this squad is the likes of gareth barry etc, who are far from world class, yet are nailed on for a starting role.

Gareth Barry looks quality against the likes of andorra, lichenstein etc, against any opposition worth his salt he gets found out, and quickly... see Mesut Ozil for proof. Hell even man city rarely use Barry solely as a ball winning, holding midfielder, if they come up against any side that isnt Premier League cannon fodder, expect to see barry paired with De Jong/Vieria i.e. somebody who can WIN a football, and contest a midfield battle.

Im merely suggesting we give the bigger names the kick up the backside capello has promised from day 1, whilst at the same time blooding some of the young talent so in 2 or 4 years time, we cant say "we'll hes inexperienced at this level," one of if not the only reason Joe Hart didnt play this world cup.

and believe me, i'm far from overrating barry and milner, Milner is a midfield player similar to Jenas, excels at very little but is extremely average at everything

12vStig

8th Aug 10 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
quote:
If it were up to me Micah Richards, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Lee Cattermole to name but a few would all be in the squad

Why? Richards is utter crap as a CB and crqp at going forward as a wing back! Huddlestone, again why? he's crap, as for scott parker and cattermole they are at Shit teams for obvious reasons..... Because they are.. yes you guessed it... shit!

Richards is crap because he hasn't lived up to the billing of being a £24m 18 year old?, the man is athletic and strong in the challenge, I think every side in the premiership would include him in their 25 man squads. He is also as good... if not better, than Wes Brown, and has time on his side. What chance does Brown have of making the next world cup?

Huddlestone, a deep lying playmaker who can hit a 50 pence piece from 80 yards, a young alonso in the making. What he lacks in fitness and stamina he more than makes up for in sheer technique, and if the hype over the 2 DMs systems are to be believed, a huddlestone coupled with a more athletic battler (think a fit hargreaves) could be exactly what we need in the middle of the park.

Parker and Cattermole, to harp on back to my point that if they had international experience, half the battle would be won and they would fit seamlessly into the fold. What better way to get them some international experience than a "meaningless" friendly? Also Parker almost single handedly kept west ham in the premiership last season, has been linked with liverpool and champions league bound spurs.

Ben D

8th Aug 10 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PLease dont even try and promote Bobby Zamora's skills as i wont take you serious any longer lol! he was unjustly praised in my opinion and while i agree he is a better option than heskey, he can never get the nod over Bent, So what he was at a team that did better than Bent's but bent is a much better player and proved it by single handedly filling the sunderland score sheet all season! so he would be the best option for me!

No Leave Wilshere in the reserves where he belongs so he can develop

You just said barry is over rated, yet you put him in your team? he is toss! and just hyped up because city paid alot for him, another dick that hasnt achieved anything but gains huge aclaim, You would see the difference in quality was hargreaves fit!

Milner is shite, same with Jenas, neither belong near an england shirt, It is all bloody hype... in my opinion Capello pays too much attention to the bloody Sun influenced fans and should be shut away from the media and pick everybody on merit!
Ben D

8th Aug 10 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not being funny but Brown is twice the player of Richards, and i think he should be forgotten about, I still dont rate huddlestone as being anything special, and is hardly the 1st name on the team sheet at spurs, and you just moaned about age of brown yet then try and justify the inclusion of parker lol

12vStig

8th Aug 10 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with the point about bent, however he is primarily a goalscorer (as all strikers should be) but offers very little, infact much less than zamora, in terms of holding up play etc. Yes Bent scored far more goals, but he has also been given a chance by Capello to score goals for England, which he has so far failed to do. At least by giving Zamora a chance it gives us an option, and an option that would suit capello as he likes to have a target man who can link up play like heskey.

Only reason Barry is in my side, look at the squad, who else in there bar Jagielka can perform a holding job in midfield? Like I say, if Huddlestone, Parker etc were in the squad I'd be more than willing to give them a run out... for experience sakes.

Totally agree about hargreaves, Capello banked on him being at least semi-fit for the world cup... a gamble that didnt pay off and cost us dear. Also totally agree with Milner, Jenas etc. However if these players are the most on form, then so be it let them be picked on merit.

Overall it's stupid timing for a friendly, as we only have a poor world cup and pre-season to judge players by. That is why I would take this oppurtunity to blood as many youngsters as possible. The future has got to be our priority now the "golden era" is over.
12vStig

8th Aug 10 at 02:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
you just moaned about age of brown yet then try and justify the inclusion of parker lol

Tell me the name of a young english holding midfielder...
Ben D

8th Aug 10 at 02:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did i make that arguement?
12vStig

8th Aug 10 at 02:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH by loling at a suggestion of including more than one holding midfielder in a squad of 23 I think you did.

It just makes no sense that the only defensively minded midfielder in the squad is one that neither of us rate, and we have no alternative other than those i've already named.
Ben D

8th Aug 10 at 02:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion If i am honest I think Bent would do us a decent job if he played alongside Rooney for a few games, it was hardly fair playing them together against brazil of all teams and i think if they could gel together they would be formidable, other than that, i think rooney upfront with either J.Cole or Gerrard just behind him would do the trick, Yes you are right in the sense that we have no holding midfielders, we have no REAL replacement for hargreaves, and i think the fact bary has been his poor understudy for so long has given him this unwarrented adulation from the press for holding down the position he has no real competition for!

I think a holding Mid and the left wing are very problematic area's for us and it proves our undoing.
12vStig

8th Aug 10 at 02:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

zackley, thankfully the problematic left side was temporarily solved by Joe Cole, and we have a few decent prospects looking like coming through for out there. It is in the engine room where we really are lacking though, and the world cup showed how important an area it is and it is vital we get quality in there, what with teams tending to play 2 holding midfielders nowadays.

I think part of the problem is the kids these days have no role models for that sort of position. They don't want to be the next Carlton Palmer or Phil Neville, Hargreaves was quality and until we stumble across another one, (Sven only found him by fluke lol) we're as good as doomed.
Cavey

8th Aug 10 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parker should be in that squad, as said above, he pretty much kept west ham up last year, 100% comittement from him, it's what england needed at the world cup.

I agree with stig, big changes are needed to plan for 2 or 4 years time, huddlestone, cattermole etc... How else are unexperienced players going to gain any experience. Do people really give a shit whether we win against all mighty Hungary? No, do they fuck, so get the youngsters in, 'englands future' and let them have a go. I'm suyre most people agree that the world cup team showed very little passion playing for their country.

Good to see Cahill getting a call up as well, i'm guessing the players will get 45 mins at most, so good chance for the new ones to get a run out
Cavey

8th Aug 10 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul Robinson pulls out of the squad and retires from International football! There will be no-one called up to replace him.
Tommy L

8th Aug 10 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hart
G Johnson Dawson Terry A Cole
Milner Wilshire Barry A Johnson
Gerrard
Rooney

Or have Bent alongside Rooney. Just what I would try in this meaningless friendly
Robbo

8th Aug 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
Aka let Robbo blow his load over the Wilshire inclusion.
Fucking excuse me?
Robbo

8th Aug 10 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pathetic token gesture squad

Starting 11 will be practically the same 11 as always, give or take injuries

Robinson was right to retire tbh, should have gone ahead of James and Green IMO, fair play to him

Gibbs is class and will challenge for LB position over the coming yar at both Arsenal and England IMO

Some of the people left out are ridic, Defoe, Crouch, Lennon etc did nothing to be left out

Poor form from Capello IMO
mwg

8th Aug 10 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fully expect Tom Cleverley to break in to the England squad if he gets some games for our 1st team this season.
Nath

8th Aug 10 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who cares, it's a shite friendly. Let's see who he picks for the first qualifier.
Robbo

8th Aug 10 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the usual suspects nathaniel

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England squad 23 database queries in 0.0126319 seconds