corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Online weight programs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Online weight programs?
John G

User status: Offline
8th Aug 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's best to look for online weight training programs, i dont want to get massive, but read that along with cardio the weights will aid muscle loss. Im going to getting my cardio from cycling to and from the gym and football through the week. So looking for a balanced program (individual muscle groups each day) that i can follow
ashleh

8th Aug 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much time do you have spare to work out? 3 day or 4 day split would probably work for you, which splits bodyparts down into different days. My workout follows something along the lines of

Mon - Shoulders and Tris
Tue - Back
Thurs - Chest and Bis
Fri - Legs

I'm sure there's tons of workouts available online, just google 3/4 day split.
John G

8th Aug 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can do any day after 4.30 and saturday and sunday, yeah thats the kind of breakdown i was looking for, if i dont want to beef up is it better to do lighter weights and more reps?
ashleh

9th Aug 10 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well obviously no matter what you do your gonna put some sort of weight on lifting weights.
I'm not really an expert in the area, this is all just from personal experience . Compound lifts (bench press, deadlifts, squats etc) I do 6-8 reps with around 90-100% of my rep max.
Isolation wise (aimed at just one body part, such as bicep curls) I try to do around 10-12 with around 70-80% of my rep max.
If you really want to try avoid putting any muscle on, try 15-20 reps with about 60% of your max rep? If theres anyone else who can add input or correct me then please do .
Dr Pepper

9th Aug 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will always get small noob muscle gains when you start .... this is a good thing . ... wont be major gains...you will just notice small increase in muscle size and hardness....you wont turn into mr universe.

From there on in ... unless you are eating loads and constantly lifting till you fail then you will not put on weight or gain much muscle ... you have to eat lots to bulk at all.

If you are just lifting to aid strength whilst doing lots of cardio thats a good thing.

You really dont need to split different muscle groups on different days ...Thats more the approach for people looking to bulk up - they will be ripping muscles by lifting to failure on big weights, then you need several days for each muscle to recover - if your looking to diet, or just improve core strength your better off doing an all body session 2 or 3 times a week..... that will improve and preserve your core strength to go with your cardio.

By all body, core session I mean....... Bench press, deadlift, squat, bent over rows ... and then what ever else you fancy doing.

Squat, bench and deadlift are your best option - will give you a good all body resistance session - your core strength and balance will improve drastically and you wont bulk up at all.

As for weights - start off low - you dont need to be pushing pbs all the time as it doesnt sound like you are eating enough, or getting enough rest to cope with that .... just go up to about 70-80% of your max lift - and get the form correct first on lower weights.

[Edited on 09-08-2010 by Dr Pepper]

[Edited on 09-08-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Laney

9th Aug 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My current routine is

a) Squat (3 x 5), Bench (3 x 5), Deadlift (1 x 5)

b) Squat (3 x 5), Press (3 x 5), Power Clean (5 x 3)

Alternate workouts on 3 non-consecutive days a week. The numbers are going up so its working pretty well so far!

Check out Weilder 5-3-1 as well
ashleh

9th Aug 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
My current routine is

a) Squat (3 x 5), Bench (3 x 5), Deadlift (1 x 5)

b) Squat (3 x 5), Press (3 x 5), Power Clean (5 x 3)

Alternate workouts on 3 non-consecutive days a week. The numbers are going up so its working pretty well so far!

Check out Weilder 5-3-1 as well

Is that like a starting strength workout? I was looking into something called Rippetoe's Starting Strength workout and looks quite similair.
Laney

9th Aug 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats exactly what it is
Siberia

9th Aug 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.scoobysworkshop.com

[Edited on 09-08-2010 by Siberia]
scoob
Premium Member

10th Aug 10 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the one day on one off will not give mass? doing bench squats deadlifts, is better to split the routine up.
Laney

10th Aug 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scoob
so the one day on one off will not give mass? doing bench squats deadlifts, is better to split the routine up.

Starting Strength is about strength not mass. Squatting 3 times a week isn't gonna make your legs any smaller though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Online weight programs? 23 database queries in 0.0124412 seconds