corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detail geeks - Paint protection on new cars?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Detail geeks - Paint protection on new cars?
Matt H

User status: Offline
12th Aug 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it worth having? A friend of mine just ordered a new car & he asked me about it

Pretty sure BMW want something like £250 for it

What's the verdict?
sand-eel

12th Aug 10 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad seems to get it done on new cars and it lasts bloody forever so yes worth it.
Jamie-C

12th Aug 10 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad got that GardX stuff on his, its pretty good for the interior I think, typical young kids in the back spilt ice cream on the seats and someone squished a jelly sweet in to the mats along with our dog being sick in it (on separate occasions) but it all just lifted off with a wet cloth.

I've not noticed any difference on the exterior though tbf.

Edit: Although hes never polished or waxed it and it still shines like new when washed.

[Edited on 12-08-2010 by Jamie-C]
3CorsaMeal

13th Aug 10 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it like the lifeshine pack?

tbh i did a better job on my own, with my dads audi
mwg

13th Aug 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't last like they say it does. Save the £250 and either buy some better stuff to do it with yourself or pay a pro detailer to do it.
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've sold Gardx and Diamondbrite paint protection packages in the past. In my opinion its not as good as its hyped up to be by the dealer and it certainly doesn't warrant the massive price tag. The interior protection provided by both is pretty good though. It definitely makes spills etc easier to clean as it just beads up. But again it doesn't last as long as is said in my experience.

I diamondbrite'd my corsa a couple of years back. The paint protection is literally a two stage kit of glaze and wax. Imo you'd be better of buying some decent products yourself as it will work out a lot cheaper and you'll achieve the same results

[Edited on 13-08-2010 by shaunmods]
Ben G

13th Aug 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had diamondbrite on my focus (was free) and it didn't do anything more than a polish and wax would do.

didn't protect the car at all really.

better off getting clear film put on the front bumper/bonnet as i had loads of stone chips.
Ben G

13th Aug 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and i washed my car with a citrus cleaner once and it came straight off.

you can definitely feel the difference when it's done as the paint feels smooth but like i said, nothing better than polish/wax.
SnK

13th Aug 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its anything like the life shine kit from auto glym.. it is worth it but you have to wax and wash it like once every 2 month or something to keep the lifeshine warranty.. so its really are you bothered about putting as much effort into your car?
mwg

13th Aug 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason they tell you to wax it every 2 months is because they know after 2 months if not sooner the "lifeshine" they've put on has disappeared its a con.
3CorsaMeal

13th Aug 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the lifeshine kit at home and it would cost you about £35 to do it yourself
SnK

13th Aug 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats true to an extent mate but it does work.. iv seen first hand on prestige cars.. however auto glym sell the kit for 66pounds and dealers usually sell for 250..
Daveskater
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it pro detailed tbh, it'll look better and last longer.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detail geeks - Paint protection on new cars? 23 database queries in 0.0077789 seconds