corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Civic Cup

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Civic Cup
AK

User status: Offline
13th Aug 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Race series..... for all Honda fanboys Will be part of the Nippon Challenge calender in 2011.

http://nipponchallenge.14.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1171

Basics:

quote:
We (SPD/BuddyClub) have teamed up with Red Dragon Race Club to offer Ready built Honda Civic EK4 cars with ALL the sponsorship that you will ever need (but you may bring your own also if elegible). We have taken the hard work and hard cash out of club racing.

We are offering fully prepared EK4 mini Touring car spec turn key and go cars for as little as £6k+vat , this includes the car itself.!! The cars are costing us £12k to build, but with our Time Attack Championship winning success in 2009 and our sponsors loyalty we can bring you into the fold and with your help we will create a "no brainer " series. for both the sponsors and YOU the drivers. One of our Buddyclub EK4s won the Prestigeous Macau Grand Prix ... Yep! We also won the Time Attack 2009 NA Championship with 4 wins from 5 races and P1 qualifying at EVERY round in our DC5... One of our newest Buddies won the Ten Of The Best FWD Trophy only last week, and he has only been racing for two months....you can now be part of the historical team in a never to be repeated "too good to be true offer". Because we want to find the fastest driver to be part of our inner core of Champions..... We will take you higher..!

With drivers signing up and buying cars already we forsee a healthy grid. We are doing it differently than other one make series in as much as we are building the cars first ,unless they are bought up in advance, we have currently 5 cars in the que to be converted and two are caged and going for paint right now, then the suspension and safety parts will be fitted, the third was sold on Monday and will be started next week., we are actively looking for standard unmodified low mileage cars as we see this as the most reliable option.

Red Dragon will also be offering FREE race entries for any Buddyclub Cup car that is ready to race before the end of this season, so get your orders in and get some advanced FREE practising in under real race conditions..
We will be offering race day insurance and support on the day (in 2011) for a minimal fee of £100 labour. so you will not go home with a broken rotor arm or radiator...We will also be offering a spare car free of charge for things that we cant fix.!! We must be stupid )) (conditions apply!! meet us half way....buy the bloody insurance).

Please feal free to call for information as I am always on hand to chat.., (do not rely on forum replies for car sales or build info as we are really busy).01772 299820, Paul

More details on Cup Cars...
quote:

Honda Civic VTi Cup Car

New build ready for next years Civic Cup fully conforms with regs.

Honda EK Hatch 1996-1999
Stripped out and full weld in Custom Cage fitted and gusseted
Front and rear Towing eyes fitted
Fully painted white inside and out
New FIA seat fitted
New FIA Harness fitted
New P1-Racing white wheels fitted
New Federal RSR tyres fitted
New FIA plumbed in fire system fitted
Battery cut off fitted
New Buddyclub N+Coil overs fitted
New Buddyclub front and rear camber adjusters fitted
New discs and Brake pads fitted
‘A’ Frame towing points fitted.

Call us on 01772 299820 for full car specs or email enquires to info@buddyclubuk.com, sale of car is subject to entry in the civic cup

Sounds like great deal and receipe for good fun close racing
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow that is excellent deal!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10-12k really and you can have a race season with a prep car
SteveW

13th Aug 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly thought you typed "New Rice Series"
AK

13th Aug 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and be safe in the knowledge you can give the car back for 6k
AK

13th Aug 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dates are not confirmed yet but heres the provisional calender.

Date Venue
Mar 4 Silvestone
Apr 18 Mallory Park
May 30 Snetterton
Jun 19 Castle Combe
Jul 17 Oulton Park
Aug 22 Cadwell Park
Sep 19 Mallory Park
Oct 24 Brands Hatch
Robin
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have to race the car or can it be road legal? Would be a good bit of kit!
AK

13th Aug 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er..... you HAVE to enter the series to buy the car (so you'd be daft not to do some races ) - BUT they are road legal, and come with MOT etc.

Reading more of the spec/build sheet ...

heated front screen
perspex/lexan windows

etc..

pretty cool

A LOT of savings to be made on labour costs over doing it DIY. From what I understand is you dont need to buy a car from BuddyClub to get into the seriers - but it does seem to make a lot of sense if you do
Robin
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you basically buy the car, do a few races for shits and giggles, then keep the car at the end of the year, pop to the shops now and then, and have a really well sorted track car.

Where's my bank manager when I need him?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
So you basically buy the car, do a few races for shits and giggles, then keep the car at the end of the year, pop to the shops now and then, and have a really well sorted track car.

Where's my bank manager when I need him?

2 years and its up to them if they buy it back after 2 years.
AK

13th Aug 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems that way (2years of racing i'd presume) - you can sell the car back to BuddyClub for 6k in the first 2 years too.
3CorsaMeal

13th Aug 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whatabout the engine? do they source them and do anything with them? or is it just whatever engine the car comes with.

AK

13th Aug 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ones above are stated to be all the same power (170bhp) and all cars the same weight (around 1100kg I think).

This is just from me though and I have nothing to do with this

I'd assume they are all the same model of car with the same base engine - so you will get some varition like you'd expect.
3CorsaMeal

13th Aug 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems a good idea, am sure it must work out better/cheaper for the company building them to buy 10 lots of everything
AK

13th Aug 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even with 2 cars (us) buying in pairs gived more leverage for discounts

Most of the parts going on the car (susp, brakes) will be their own off the shelf items though so much cheaper than you or I could buy retail.
Rob B

13th Aug 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want one! hmm
AK

13th Aug 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does seem like a fun idea
Rob B

13th Aug 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and my mate were on about buying a track car anyway, with about 3k each, so this seems perfect. Going to pitch the idea to him later
AK

13th Aug 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just thinking about a multi-person 'team' there.

I dont want to have another car lying around but I wouldnt mind a shot at 3 or 4 of the circuits above Makes sense.
Colin

13th Aug 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite tempting for some track fun for me & mrs me. Jade would rather a cooper cup car though!!
Colin

13th Aug 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3rds on a track car!!

Could get complicated if someone stacks it/wants out mid season!!
AK

13th Aug 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1k insurance - covered

Colin - Get Jade involved in TimeAttack. The Mini's are becoming a pretty big thing Word is there will be 10 involved next year (4 this year I think)
AK

13th Aug 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More Info - http://buddyclubuk.com/civic_cup.htm
AK

13th Aug 10 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Eligible cars are 1992 to 1999 Honda Civic EG and EK models with D14,D15,D16,B16A engines only

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Civic Cup 22 database queries in 0.0157499 seconds