corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » need soem xe corsa help again lol

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need soem xe corsa help again lol
corsabsonny

User status: Offline
18th Aug 10 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive taken the paragraph from the conversion guide
The bottom hose and header tank hose are retained from the corsa.
Ideally you want a rear coolant gallery from an astra, but in reality with some careful bodging you can use the cavalier/calibra one too. The long hose from the cylinder head (under the dizzy) runs to the heater matrix. I found I had to shorten this, so I used some copper plumbing pipe joiners with the solder removed as these had a ridge to stop the pipe blowing off. I simply cut it on the long straight run and shortened it. This leaves you with two outlets on the coolant gallery, one goes to the heater matrix and one to the header tank. The heater matrix pipe comes from the corsa, but the header tank pipe had to be made up from copper pipe and the bends from the discarded pipes.

could someone tell me, the pipe that comes from the head, what side of the heater matrix does this go? on the right? and on the coolant gallery is it the left hand side that goes onto the matrix? ive done the hose from the header tank over to the drivers side of the car and ive done the pipe from the tank to the rad, where does the other coolant gantry pipe go to on the header tank?

also i have coming from the ecu wirse a long lead with a ring terminal and a 3 pin plug on it can someone tell me where these go to, also under the fuel rail in between the throttle body and maf plugs theres a thin black wire where does this go to? and i have one big wide plug that goes over by the battery, i have a small black block with blades on it looks like a mini ecu from the corsa do i need a similar thing from a calibra? im willing to give someone a good drink to come and help me out for half a day or something if this is to long on here
cheers
markx14xe

18th Aug 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heater pipes dont really matter i dint think
corsabsonny

18th Aug 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone help me? do i need a similar thing bolted to the inner wing like on the corsa for the big plug? ill give someone wages to come sort this last few bits out for me
ecclesturbo

18th Aug 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id sort it but im a fair way from kent,il have a read through what you`ve wrote
mike56gte

19th Aug 10 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thin black wire is an earth there is a nut on the inlet manifold which it should bolt onto.the big block conector should just bolt onto the inner wng.
davieslim

19th Aug 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pipe from the end of the head should go on the right hand side if your looking at the engien from the front, the other matrix pipe should go to the furthest left pipe end on the black plastic pipe at the rear of the engine, leaving one for the pipe to the expansion bottle

take a picture of he plugs as that would be more helpful
corsabsonny

19th Aug 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these two are coming out of the loom that runs behind the rocker cover, in a seperate casing

this is the big one, if im correct in saying i need the little black box that bolts to the inner wing what shall i search for on ebay as i have no clue what it would be called, been told it does the spark or something?

also ive not got a picture but above the coil pack theres a long thin black tube like plug which ive been told i need to cut it of and run it to a switch live is that correct
cheers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » need soem xe corsa help again lol 22 database queries in 0.1250460 seconds