corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym/exercise/bike

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym/exercise/bike
John

User status: Offline
19th Aug 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just started the gym, having problems with the bike although I've noticed it before, just never cared.

I can make it to about 1km then my legs get seriously painful, lactic acid build up sort of pain (probably is lactic acid and that's why).

I'm not too knackered or anything, legs are just physically too sore to continue, running is fine, cross trainer machine thing is fine, leg weight machines I'm fine until failure (I expect that though) just the bike.

Any ideas/tips or do I just need to man up and it'll go away?
Marc

19th Aug 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cycle at a lower setting, maybe you are pushing yourself too hard without noticing. Sounds like your leg muscles aren't used to it.
John

19th Aug 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They definitely aren't, I've been on a bike about once for 5 minutes in the past few years.

Machine is set at 5 or something, guy said that was approximate to cycling on a flat road, I'll try at a lower setting first though
C2RL R

19th Aug 10 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they have those sit down type ones where your legs are still cycling but out in front of you? maybe do a few sessions on one of them before using the normal bikes.
Rick Draper

20th Aug 10 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is your a lazy fuck.

Lactic acid only builds up after x amount of miles and a fuck like you aint going to suffer from it.

I can and will out pedal any twat on here and all monies will go to a hospice.
John

20th Aug 10 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do have them Carl, something else I can give a go.

Dick, I hope you don't mind I call you that Dick, that's why I'm going to the gym obviously, if I wasn't lazy I wouldn't have to.
Nath

20th Aug 10 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't get on with exercise bikes. I find it far easier cycling outdoors. You can enjoy the down hill elements and get the breeze in you face. Same goes for running on treadmills, don't like it one bit.
John

20th Aug 10 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, there's no chance of me being motivated to go out on my bike though, I feel obliged to go to the gym because I'm paying for it
Nath

20th Aug 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That'll wear off
John

20th Aug 10 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went twice the last time I joined, the first time was the induction

[Edited on 20-08-2010 by John]
ed

20th Aug 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find the bike easier than the cross trainer. Train using a heart rate monitor rather than the pre-set programmes on there too.
Xs

20th Aug 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

You really are a twat arent you. Who said anything about being great at cycling, the guy was only asking what the problem was. Fuck of back to mig and your lose the beer belly thread you obnoxious cunt.
mwg

20th Aug 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

20th Aug 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

20th Aug 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C2RL R

20th Aug 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

belter
Hammer

20th Aug 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking
jacko198

21st Aug 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How high is the seat 1st off mate?

Seat hight will kill you're legs if it is not set up right. You should have it high enough so there is a slight bend in you're knee. Any lower and it would be hurting you're legs. And any higher and you will hyper extend you're leg = even more pain
John

21st Aug 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I had it set right, just enough for a slight bend.

Should be back tomorrow so I'll double check and try putting the setting down and try the sit down ones.
C2RL R

21st Aug 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm pretty sure you'll find the sit down ones more comfortable. the lad i used to train with hadn't done any cycling for over 5 years and he was the same. he used the sit down ones for a couple of weeks before moving onto the normal ones and was fine after that.
Rick Draper

23rd Aug 10 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

You really are a twat arent you. Who said anything about being great at cycling, the guy was only asking what the problem was. Fuck of back to mig and your lose the beer belly thread you obnoxious cunt.

Its long since gone you manhole burgling scottish fuckend, what made you care about it so much anyway?

I am stating the OP should just sit the fuck on the bike and ride. You dont just hit the wall push through it and you carry on. The more you faggot around it the more of a issue you make of it.

The gym lads on here only go to the gym to check out the lads anyway. Dirty man ring piece stretching brown starfish pluggers.

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by Rick Draper]
Rick Draper

23rd Aug 10 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I think I had it set right, just enough for a slight bend.

Should be back tomorrow so I'll double check and try putting the setting down and try the sit down ones.

Sit on the bike and place your heal on the pedal with your leg fully extended. Then set the saddle at the height. You should with the ball of your foot have a slight bend in your leg using this technique. You will find it hard to set this spot on on a exercise bike due to the average nature of the adjustment available to you. If its between too low and too high go low. Hip rock is not good and will cause you a lot more problems in the long run.

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by Rick Draper]
John

26th Aug 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally made it back tonight, didn't get a chance to try the sit down one but just taking it easier seemed to help, what I thought was a good pace was obviously far too fast for my girl legs, boooooooooring either way.
Rick Draper

26th Aug 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Finally made it back tonight, didn't get a chance to try the sit down one but just taking it easier seemed to help, what I thought was a good pace was obviously far too fast for my girl legs, boooooooooring either way.

Does your bike have a cadence meter? Thats often a far better measure of where you are at.

I was told i always tried to spin far too higher gear as i felt more comfortable spinning a larger cog than sitting spinning away in a easier gear.

Getting on a gym bike is so different to really getting out there and giving it death.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym/exercise/bike 23 database queries in 0.0158460 seconds