corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » POTENTIAL Euro 2012 England squads - qualifiers and tournament

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author POTENTIAL Euro 2012 England squads - qualifiers and tournament
Robbo

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who do we see being brought into the fold going forward?

I see Ferdinand and Terry, SWP, Owen (obv!) and Carrick dropping back a bit and perhaps Jagielka partnering someone in the centre, worryingly for the first time in decades, I think we have definate concerns over the long term CB positions - no-one really takign ownership, Upson looks suspect, Cahill and Shawcross are young, Lescott needs to push on if he wants to be int'l quality (hes not IMO) and I cant think of anyone else :S

Gerrard, Barry and A.COle will all be key established players and I think Joe Hart, ADAM Johnson, Theo Walcott and James Milner are all potentials to be starting game in game out with perhaps the likes of young Gibbs, Gary Cahill and Andy Carroll getting a good look into the squads

Maybe Micah Richards, Jack Wilshere, Conor Wickham (too soon?) and Jack Rodwell will see some game time if they do OK at club level

I think things arent looking too bad tbh

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by Robbo]
Nath

23rd Aug 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam Jonhson tbh.
Robbo

23rd Aug 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oops lol
Nath

23rd Aug 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We really don't need Andy Johnson. Not unless we get desperate and need to win some pens. Where is he these days anyway?
Robbo

23rd Aug 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Injured at Fulham ?
Nath

23rd Aug 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah!
Robbo

23rd Aug 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hart

Johnso (shudder) Ferdinand/Terry Jagielka A.Cole

Gerrard Barry A.Milner

Walcott A.Johnson

Rooney

Maybe, just maybe

slightly soft RB and CB pairing
Norcy91

23rd Aug 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really hope you meant Adam Johnson and not Andy Johnson haha. But i'd imagine Ferdinand and Terry will still be first choice centre backs at Euro 2012, with Jagieka and Lescott pushing for starts. Ashley Cole will still be 1st choice left back with Gibbs as backup, Hart definitely starting in goal going by his form this season compared to other keepers. Right back probably Johnson with Richards hopefully pushing for a place as well.

I think Barry will be a big player for us and be in that holding position, with probably Gerrard and Huddlestone in the middle just infront. Then i'd have Adam Johnson and Milner out on the wings, and most likely Rooney up front.

Theres plenty of younger players that seem to be getting more premier league games this season because of the new rules so i can see us having a young, but decent bench there as well.

Going forward we'll probably have Rooney, Bent, Carroll, Walcott, Sturridge and Welbeck to choose from.
Norcy91

23rd Aug 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like i took my time writing that!
antscorsa

24th Aug 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to see andy carrol given a start, hes a big lad who puts it about a bit on the pitch. This season will be interesting for him!
milner and adam johnson are pure class on the wings i wouldn't let lennon or SWP even clean there boots.
barry and gerrard centre mid and perhaps lampard on the bench.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » POTENTIAL Euro 2012 England squads - qualifiers and tournament 23 database queries in 0.0100369 seconds