corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmo, or anyone else that has been to Anfield/Goodison

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cosmo, or anyone else that has been to Anfield/Goodison
Danny P

User status: Offline
24th Aug 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off to Goodison tomorrow for out match with Everton, setting off over at lunch time to sample a few beers in Liverpool before heading down to the ground.

Now, my mate is driving over so after somewhere to park both during the day and for the match. Anywhere you would recommend? Last time I went to Goodison i'm sure we parked in a massive gravel car park near Anfield and then walked through Stanley Park to Goodison, is that still there, if so is it safe?

Also, is there anywhere decent to drink round the ground? Someone mentioned the Arkles (sp) is decent but gets busy, anywhere else you'd recommed?

Cheers
Nath

24th Aug 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I went to see Everton vs Luton I parked in Stanley Park itself, whiuch was fine. However I don't know if its still there for parking.

When I went to see Liverpool vs Luton I parked on some side street near a boozer. But you'll have to ask Cosmo what it was called. It was a couple of miles from Anfield, and seemed safe enough.
JonnyJ

24th Aug 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We parked in a school for the Luton game, think i remember craig saying something about it not been there anymore or something though. The pub we went to is also closed down now so im not much help really
Nath

24th Aug 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about as helpful as me
Whittie

24th Aug 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the way to Anfield, theres a large grassy carpark, I usually park there, its £4, and secure.

Again, not very helpful as I don't know liverpool that well, it's just on the main road to the ground, you pass it on the right hand side before a petrol station. It takes about 10 mins to walk to anfield, not too sure in relation to goodison how far it is, i think its closer though
Cosmo

24th Aug 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny the car park you're on about is still there and is probably one of the most secure place to park. Also, the exact piece of land the new stadium is being built on!

The school Nath and that parks at last time is opposite that car park, but the schools being ripped down at the moment so the car park is closed.
Danny P

26th Aug 10 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, saw this yesterday but never had a chance to reply. £8 to park though, whoever owns that land is sitting on a gold mine each Saturday!

Ended up in the Arkles, nice boozer and a very nice pint. Fit bird working behind the bar too Shame thats where the luck ended for the night

[Edited on 26-08-2010 by Danny P]
Cosmo

26th Aug 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye Arkles is a decent pub, packed on (Liverpool) match days though.

Tend to head the otherside of Anfield to the Sandon myself these days since the shithole I used to go to closed down.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmo, or anyone else that has been to Anfield/Goodison 23 database queries in 0.0144918 seconds