corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If you was buying a house..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you was buying a house..
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Aug 10 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you was looking at a house and next door was an identical house, but has a MASSIVE garden compared to the other, decking area bigger than the other houses garden and a hot tub included in the price, yet it was 5.5k more expensive. (107995 to 113500)

Would you go and look at the other house before you put an offer in on the other one?

Reason being, my house is the one with much larger garden and 5.5k more. Next door had a buyer come view, and has rebooked for a second viewing, yet hasnt even viewed ours.

I know 6k is a large ish difference, but next door are desperate to sell, as they have found somewhere they like, and are well under the true value.

If i was going to buy somewhere, i would 100% view the next door house if it was for sale!

[Edited on 25-08-2010 by Dan]

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

25th Aug 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They may well think they can get it for even cheaper due to it being less desirable than yours - hence going for it over yours.
John

25th Aug 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6k isn't that much of a difference when you are talking about it being well under the true value, would have to be in the 10's of k to be 'well under'.

The hot tub is a blow up one as well is it not, not putting that down or anything but that's not quite the same as a 5k hot tub.
_Allan_

25th Aug 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah because I couldn't give a fuck about a bigger garden, decking or a hot tub. Never mind paying extra for it, but I'm not saying I wouldn't at least have a look
aron

25th Aug 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the price it's up for isn't necessarily the price they've offered/has been agreed

next door might be £100k for all you know!?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

25th Aug 10 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh to buy a house for £110k

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
C2RL R

25th Aug 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the first thing i looked at when i saw the price was your location. looks like norfolk have cheaper houses than we do... and our are pretty low!
in answer to your question. even if the house was out of my price range i would still view it if i was buying the one next door.
Dan
Premium Member

25th Aug 10 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not really a house i guess, its a 1 bedroom FOG (flat above garage) its on a posh estate, where majority of others houses are 200k plus.

Dan
Premium Member

25th Aug 10 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, if the people aint coming to view mine, i hope they do buy, its less competiton then.

I paid 115k for it august 08, and have spent a fair few k in the garden, as it was 5ft high with weeds when we moved in.

All the other houses are still selling for more/the same as they were back then, so i dont think the value has really deprciated due to economic climate.

Hmm, fucking annoying, as i want to get the fuck out of here!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If you was buying a house.. 23 database queries in 0.0093541 seconds