corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gettign fit / toned

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gettign fit / toned
Robbo

User status: Offline
28th Aug 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK so I'm starting to get the fitness back up by going for a runa few times a week, currently can only manage a few miles in half hour or so but will keep uppign the distance and intensity once I've got a bit of fitness back

Only usually play football on ATP for an hour a week but havent done it for a few weeks cos of having my eyes done but will go again next week but possibly only for a few weeks cos of gettign busy at work

As well as the running, Im hopign to maybe go swimming once a week to break it up

On top of this getting fit malarkey, I want to to tone my stomach up a bit cos although its not fat, its not at all toned. id also like to build up a bit of muscles in my arms cos they are extremely thin

Im not going to be joining a gym tbh as i cba and dont really have time/interest and my diet is appalling but i wont be changing it (eat 5.6 choc bars a day, big pizzas, chilli, lasagne etc) so just want to work on basic fitness and tonign of the stomach and building some arm muscles

Any advice for the arms and stomach, as well as thoughts for the running etc ?
scoob
Premium Member

28th Aug 10 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start with some push ups. buy a bar some wieghts do squats ect big moves that get your core. but you need to change you diet mate you wont put on much eating like that
Laney

28th Aug 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

On top of this getting fit malarkey, I want to to tone my stomach up a bit cos although its not fat, its not at all toned.

quote:

my diet is appalling but i wont be changing it (eat 5.6 choc bars a day, big pizzas, chilli, lasagne etc)

ashleh

28th Aug 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just because his diet sucks doesn't mean he's fat . I eat shit loads of takeaway and I'm still skinny .

But without changing your diet, you won't see much "toning" wise. And if your gonna workout, don't just work out arms and abs...you'll look ridiculous in the long run.
Jake

28th Aug 10 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway if you solely train arms on their own it takes fucking ages to get anywhere.
DizzyRebel

28th Aug 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you look is 80% to do with what you put in your mouth. so if you eat shit, you will look shit. If you aren't going to change your diet, then dont even bother is the answer to your questions!
John

28th Aug 10 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you want 0% body fat I think you could have a less than perfect diet and still look quite good.

Maybe not to Orbbo's 6 bars of chocolate a day, but it also doesn't take eating bird seeds and chicken 7 times a day at exactly 17 minutes 30 seconds past the hour.
Hammer

28th Aug 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have used this comparison before (and they are extreme cases) but Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps both eat an absolute power of shit. Chicken nuggets, pizza's, drugs the lot.

You can eat shite and still do enough exercise to look normal.
Dan
Premium Member

28th Aug 10 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See my recent insanity post

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Robbo

29th Aug 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replied matey
Robbo

29th Aug 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Unless you want 0% body fat I think you could have a less than perfect diet and still look quite good.

Maybe not to Orbbo's 6 bars of chocolate a day, but it also doesn't take eating bird seeds and chicken 7 times a day at exactly 17 minutes 30 seconds past the hour.
lol

i shoudl point out by 6 bars what i have is

2 x snickers snack size
2 x 3 bar galxy individual things
1 x jaffa cake mini bar
1 x special k bar

im not polishing off 6 yorkies a day

i guess my diet isnt too bad these days, i have a couple of sainsburys belgian waffles at work for brekkie (plain), the aforementioned bars, a work sandwich (ham cheese and pickle, chicken and bacor or chicken and stuffing), packet of small crisps, usally discos then my dinner is usally somehting like Sainsburys TTD Chilli, or a pizza, or TTD Beef Stroganoff follwed by a nobbly bobbly. sometimes have a few slices of toast with butetr if im still hungry

at weekends i hardly eat anyhtignt bh, some choccy bars and a bit of tea but dont eat a huge amount

since splititng up with the missus i rarely eat out or eat big huge meals cos she isnt here to amke them
Andy Stocker

29th Aug 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I have used this comparison before (and they are extreme cases) but Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps both eat an absolute power of shit. Chicken nuggets, pizza's, drugs the lot.

Thats just down the the stupid amounts of calories they burn during training. I used to be exactly the same when I was training for swimming I could eat what I liked when I wanted and as much as I liked yet I never gaine bodyfat.
Not the same these days
AlunJ

29th Aug 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why so much chocolate?
am4nf

29th Aug 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doorway pull up bar
ssj_kakarot

29th Aug 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

well yes you can if your a world class athlete who trains twice a day for hours at a time 7 days a week

not if your average joe who trains for a couple of hours a week

as ive said before its not hard consume less cals than you burn in a day and you will lose weight, the vice versa is also true.
Robbo

29th Aug 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont need to lose weight though, im losing weight as it is, only interested in toning
ashleh

29th Aug 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just swap the chocolate for something healthier? Obviously chocolate now and then isn't too bad, but 6 times a day?
ssj_kakarot

30th Aug 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dont need to lose weight though, im losing weight as it is, only interested in toning

then start a 3 day weight lifting split and eat a decent diet or dont bother doing any thing tbh, like other people have pointed out, no point working out to put muscle on if you wont eat correctly.
ssj_kakarot

30th Aug 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:

then start a 3 day weight lifting split and eat a decent diet or dont bother doing any thing tbh, like other people have pointed out, no point working out to put muscle on if you wont eat correctly.

like i said you dont tone the muscle you either make it bigger by lifting weights and eating a lot of protein and carbs or lose fat so it gives the appereance of the muscle being toned but infact its the same size theres just less fat covering it
strick206

30th Aug 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
How you look is 80% to do with what you put in your mouth. so if you eat shit, you will look shit. If you aren't going to change your diet, then dont even bother is the answer to your questions!

JizzyTissue is back, where've you been ?
ashleh

30th Aug 10 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely considering he's a beginner, wouldn't a full body workout be better geared towards him? I'd always presumed a split was somebody who'd been working out for a fair few months.
ssj_kakarot

30th Aug 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sorry i meant 3 day full body split, low isolation just focus on compound lifts for a while.
ashleh

30th Aug 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't mean to contradict you .

But like kakarot said, compound lifts will be an amazing starting point considering you haven't worked out much by the sounds of it.
jacko198

30th Aug 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to tone up ure stomach, do P90X Ab Ripper X

Im doing P90X at the moment, been doing it for 2 weeks and i have noticed a big difference already! And there are still like 10 weeks left!
sc0ott

30th Aug 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one thing that happens when you start exercising is there will be times where you will look in the mirror and youll will see a difference and there will be times where you will think youre doing shit and youll want to start doing more and more.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gettign fit / toned 24 database queries in 0.0132260 seconds