corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » legal advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author legal advice
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
7th Sep 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well this involves the gfs dad. he works away and owns a couple houses. he has a 200 grand hous with his recent ex that was put in her name. he has always and still is paying the mortgage which is more than her wage....

what rights has he to the house/to kick her out
Dan.H

7th Sep 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably nothing if it's in her name
taylorboosh

7th Sep 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely he must be entitled to halfs ect? he has proof hes payed all bills and mortgage
ssj_kakarot

7th Sep 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see a lwayer, dont think there are any people in the legal profession on here, just a lot of people who google things.

can he not talk to her about it or is it past the point of that, i would be inclined to agree that he would be entitled to nothing however, just cancel the mortgage payments and she will have the house reposed any way.
AndyKent

8th Sep 10 at 06:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know why you'd bother asking on here, see a solicitor and get proper advice.
dannymccann

8th Sep 10 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As its in her name legally he would have to fight her for it in the courts, would probably win based on his payments for however long but its a lengthy process. He could just stop paying it, let her fuck herself over with repayments and then get repo'd then buy it back again, mortgage would probably be less then as well

edit - Im no solicitor, do what AndyKent said

[Edited on 08-09-2010 by dannymccann]
taylorboosh

8th Sep 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he put 80 grand cash into it also so doesnt want it re-possesed, and nope they are still talking just shes living the life of riley in a detached house getting all bills ect payed, whilst he slaves his guts out living in a caravan. mortgage is for renewal in december so hes going to change the house to his name then, just she drew 1500 out of his account and went on holiday, when shes meant to be saving for a house of her own. just wondering what would happen if worst came to worst.
Half Pint

8th Sep 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless they are married or have a legal agreement in place i would say he is screwed.

there are some rules around if you live together for a certain period but it is a really messy state of affairs.

i'm guessing this was put in her name to either avoid paying tax or get a loan on another property which is a lesson to learn from!
ssj_kakarot

8th Sep 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well first question i would ask is why does she still have access to his account :/ also if its soley his account i.e not got her name on the account i would get her done for theft aswell.
a_j_mair

8th Sep 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure there are rules for couples co habiting, will depend how long they stayed together etc.

probably only be entitled to half of resale value
Cosmo

8th Sep 10 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
sure there are rules for couples co habiting, will depend how long they stayed together etc.

probably only be entitled to half of resale value

I think thats more of a Scottish thing, not sure if such a set legal rule exists down here.

Is the mortgage just in her name or everything to do with the house?
CORSA NUT

8th Sep 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of the day the house is hers no matter what. Nobody can 'make' her sign it away so nobody can do anything with it. It will have to be contested in court in the mean time.
taylorboosh

8th Sep 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the mortgage and house and bills are in her name but she pays them all from his account which she has the card for. he has bills that go there and the house was put in her name for tax reasons. she cant just fuck him off and give him nothing as she cant even come close to affording the bills, only earns 700 a month. i think hes on about giving her 30k and changing it into his name. i think personally it will get sold and they will end up halfies
CORSA NUT

8th Sep 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah as long as they can come to some arrangement involving him giving her some pocket money then he'll get the house back to him. Depends if she hires a decent solicitor though ?
John

8th Sep 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he's done it to scam the tax he's probably onto plums.
taylorboosh

8th Sep 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she cant afford a decent solicitor
ssj_kakarot

8th Sep 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
she cant afford a decent solicitor

she will be entitled to legal aid if she is such a low earner, were as he will have to foot the legal fee's, probs be better to work out some amicable agreement without involving the courts.

weather of not they are "good" solicitors or not doesnt really matter i would presume it would be a simple case for someone who works contract law.

[Edited on 08-09-2010 by ssj_kakarot]
Bart

8th Sep 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long did he live there?
It would be deemed as common law wife and half the house would be his.

Wont be straight forward or easy, but thats the general idea.
taylorboosh

8th Sep 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes lived there since the house was bought.. im hoping it settles out of court then me and the mrs can rent it from him and i have a garage for a kadett c

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » legal advice 22 database queries in 0.2970181 seconds