corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Combe threads and WR
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
12th Sep 10 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would anyone have objection to me moving them over to WR?

Not wishing to give too much away but it's clear to me after Trax that we need to get CS back to CS roots and promote WR as the place in which WR things happen. Just trying to get things a bit more sensible, particularly in relation to trying to welcome new people to both clubs and them being confused as to why we're flying CS flags and going on the track in all sorts of cars then flying WR flags and as good as silent on that web site.
Whittie

12th Sep 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you duplicate them?
Chris x

12th Sep 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Move me over, I wouldnt mind doing some track days next year
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Sep 10 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Can you duplicate them?
Could do but would prefer to move, duplication is somewhat more confusing than merely talking about things in the wrong place.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good to me, I posted over there before but it's not quite the same as the threads on here
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its fine with me, but i keep forgetting about WR site.
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Can you duplicate them?

I'd prefer them to stay on CS... but have no problem with them being put on WR too.

If you remove them from CS, then potentially people will just make new threads anyway, because they'll not realise they have all been moved on purpose.

Give it a day or two on here and no one will be talking about it any more... and they'll all disappear anyway.
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
its fine with me, but i keep forgetting about WR site.

That's why I'd prefer them not to be removed from CS. I posted mine, knowing people like you / butler, etc would be reading them here on CS and that if they went on WR no one would read it.
big eck

12th Sep 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the fact that CS has threads like these, one of the many reasons I still use this site actually.

Its a bit of a pain in the ass having to go onto another site to view the thread as i'm a lazy fooker lol.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Sep 10 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So go on WR?

Needs doing - need to close this anomoly. This is a Corsa site that can't get any Corsas and we have a track site with no threads. Help me out!
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Sep 10 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Its a bit of a pain in the ass having to go onto another site
Agree and if you've other suggestions I'm all ears.

And it isn't be lazy and carry on how it is - doesn't make sense, despite being easier!
big eck

12th Sep 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt realise that CS and WR were sister sites

Cant you just add a section on this site for track car chat/vids & pics, I dont know if thats even possible and it might be to much a ballache to sort. Just an idea.
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea if this would work or not but could you not duplicate the whole of offday and genral chat onto wr so more traffic goes to both?

But then I supose you would get corsa threads on wr

Tricky one

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
jibjob

12th Sep 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it not possible to link the sites via a button? Like up near the Pizza button or something? That way people will remember about it plus it'll get the interest of more of the people on here.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Sep 10 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is, CS should be about Corsas. Particularly as they're getting rarer and we're struggling for numbers these days.

I would prefer CS to be about Corsas and do what it can to stay strong and WR stand on its own as a place that is worth going to.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
I didnt realise that CS and WR were sister sites

Cant you just add a section on this site for track car chat/vids & pics, I dont know if thats even possible and it might be to much a ballache to sort. Just an idea.

That's basically how WR started, Ian made a sub forum on here, got a few threads going then it got moved over to the new domain so it wasn't a completely new start with no content but that was just to get it started, it doesn't really have the relevance to be a part of CS because it's for everything not just Corsas
big eck

12th Sep 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see where your coming from, its just very difficult as most of the users on here are all very good friends and after them owning corsas they have stayed on due to the friendlyness of the users.

Its a shame it didnt start as a normal site dedicated to all makes

Difficult one this.
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
No idea if this would work or not but could you not duplicate the whole of offday and genral chat onto wr so more traffic goes to both?

But then I supose you would get corsa threads on wr

Tricky one

Interesting one gav...

Yeah, if you replicated CS offday to WR, I'd potentially use WR a lot more.
The problem is Ian, it's a hard situation to be in. In some ways you should be thankful you've got 1 busy forum at least! I know many people who've tried to build forums / communities around cars and failed.

Reality is, I don't really care too much about corsa's any more... I'd expect at least 60% of the site feels the same. This site could be called anything and we'd still all use it.
However, I come to Corsasport for the community ... Corsasport in itself is an alive entity. I know I can come here and read certain things, communicate with certain people etc. I know that if I go to WR I won't be reading those things or communicating with those people... therefore I don't use WR.

- If you move the content, imo that doesn't move the community ... therefore it defeats the point and instead just hides the posts from anyone. If when I try to speak, my voice is taken away and put in a dark, empty room, I'll just stop speaking entirely and go outside

Reddit is the future of community sites. It is bloody awesome and the mechanics of it work so well!
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Problem is, CS should be about Corsas. Particularly as they're getting rarer and we're struggling for numbers these days.

I would prefer CS to be about Corsas and do what it can to stay strong and WR stand on its own as a place that is worth going to.

The problem is Ian, the majority of your user base doesn't really use the site solely for either of those reasons.

I don't think 'I want to talk about Corsas' or 'I want to talk about track'.

I think 'I want to go to that community, where I know people and see what they're saying' ... and here's the thing, the heart of the site is in offday / general chat. Generally these topics do not revolve around Corsas or track action.

That said, by having a living community which talk about all sorts of other things - you in turn get people posting on the side about track days / corsas too.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Sep 10 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to move the community.
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I want to move the community.

Yeah, definitely one way to do it... however, the problem you have is that in your current community, a lot of people don't care about track driving either

I'm just thinking about people like 'Cosmo' where does he fit in the categories, doesn't drive a corsa, never owned a corsa, doesn't go on track days

What I'm saying is, you've got a good active community here. What you don't want to do is kill this community in the attempts to improve the other community, otherwise you may end up with 2 sites that are inactive.

My personal experiences of 'track day' sites is that they aren't that busy. They all seem to fit into close nit groups of people / niche and never really grow that big / popular.

I must admit, it always feels strange when I say to someone ... 'Oh yeah, I was reading on corsasport earlier... x .. y.. z' ... or ... 'I generally use corsasport'.

They sorta look at me a bit weird and say ... why are you using a Corsa website? I always respond with 'Well I used to have a corsa and know a lot of people on there, but most people these days have moved on and have other cars'. That is generally the reality of this site.
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's a good idea to get WR off the ground more, things like Trax and Combe and what not is perfect for WR, there isnt enough Corsas to warrant a huge stand at shows like that as hardly any would go on track, saying that though, there is a huge community on here that is non Corsa so moving people over or changing things drastically could have a bad effect on this site.

You should keep everything track oriented on WR and promote it more on here, keep this site for PVS and TVL and things like that.

[Edited on 12-09-2010 by DannyB]
Paul_J

12th Sep 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rebrand corsasport to 'motorsport'? or 'carsport' or ...

just flick the switch and get all corsasport to redirect to wr.

Something else to note... I like corsasport's bland colour scheme... I can use it at work and no one notices.

WR is so bright and vibrant that everyone can see I'm on the net
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok 3 - 2 - 1 lets all log onto WR and have a chat

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
John

12th Sep 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rebrand CS, I like reading track day threads on CS, I wouldn't make the effort to go to WR to read the odd one.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR 23 database queries in 0.0124140 seconds