corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine running temp very low

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine running temp very low
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   13th Sep 10 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright guys Just after some help and advice with my x16xe. Basically its always ran very cool. The temp gauge hardly ever goes above 85 which is starting to worry me.

One thing I've thought it might be is the CTS? I bought a new one from Vaux but it had the wrong plug end on it as there are two different types. In the end I modified the plug so that it would fit on in the hope that it would be ok. If my CTS wasn't working correctly would this cause the coolant temp readings to be very low? Also does the CTS control the opening and closing of the thermostat?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated I think im going to go down to Vaux to see if I can get a new plug and CTS to see if thats any help. Any other ideas at all?

Cheers!
Scotty C

13th Sep 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have u put a new stat in? That would be my first guess
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C
Have u put a new stat in? That would be my first guess

I havent mate no. Just found one on the net for £20 so I'll get one bought now I'll get a new cts as well I think with the correct plug on it just for peace of mind. Cheers!
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought them both now I'll report back on how I get on. Fingers crossed this will sort it!
Mark B

13th Sep 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cts had nothing to do with the temp gauge or the running temp it will be the stat probs doesnt have one in it
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark B
cts had nothing to do with the temp gauge or the running temp it will be the stat probs doesnt have one in it

Ahh right cheers for clearing that up mate The cts needs changing anway though after me bodging it lol so I change that as well at the same time
am4nf

13th Sep 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does a cool running stat not create this?
Scotty C

13th Sep 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

Yup
am4nf

14th Sep 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C
quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

Yup

Pretty stupid question coming up: is a cool running thermostat and term or an actual option
Lee Wilson

14th Sep 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either the thermostat is opening too early. IE keeping the engine too cool or its your temperature gauge sensor. I'd say its your temp gauge sensor tbh. Pretty cheap from auto vaux I think.

New Poll