corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speedo help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speedo help
corsaadzy

User status: Offline
15th Sep 10 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically everyone has said find the pea green wire in the drivers footwell on the ecu and connect it up to the speedo .. well i got a problem .. there is no bloody ecu in the drivers footwell :S wtf has anyone got a picc of its location or where the hell this pea green wire is? coz atm iv taken the plastics out and the only kinda electronic thing visible to me is the fusebox :S help ergent please peoples
gez bay

15th Sep 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help zone?
shaunmods
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What engine is it? The green wire is for the rev counter btw not the speedo
corsaadzy

15th Sep 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 1.0l mate .. oright .. well that needs fixing anyway but i swear my speeds actually out aswell :S will this fix that aswell or no?
mattk

15th Sep 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its a 1.0l you will have electric clocks anyway, its just a case of swapping the speedo units, no wiring is needed
shaunmods
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ECU's are fitted onto the actual engines on the 1.0 12v's and not behind the kick panel inside the car. U2U AW06 off here as he managed to wire up rev counter clocks in his 12v

How far out do you reckon the speedo is?
mattk

15th Sep 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pea green wire is if you want a rev counter, as in my above post, this doesnt apply to your car

your speedo will read ~10% over what speed your actually doing eg 60mph on the clocks means 56mph acyual speed
shaunmods
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
the pea green wire is if you want a rev counter, as in my above post, this doesnt apply to your car

This isn't always the case Matt. The lower spec models don't have the wiring connected. I tried to swap mine straight over and it wouldn't work
corsaadzy

15th Sep 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o right cheers shaun .. how did u manage to swap yours okay?? .. and matt what ive done is put in rev counter clocks and the rev counter is miles out and also the speedo is about 10mph out when it says 30mph on the clock im doing around 40
mattk

15th Sep 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh rite, my 1.2 8v LS with no fag lighter was already wired up

strange things corsas
shaunmods
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaadzy
o right cheers shaun .. how did u manage to swap yours okay?? .. and matt what ive done is put in rev counter clocks and the rev counter is miles out and also the speedo is about 10mph out when it says 30mph on the clock im doing around 40

Are the new clocks from another 12v model mate? If not the rev counter wont read right

As for mine, I gave up and put my old ones back in lol
corsaadzy

15th Sep 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aha o right .. naa its out of a 1.4 sport .. but surely all the clocks are just the same, they just read what the engines putting out so it shud differ for whatever car it goes in no matter what the clocks are out of?? :S
mattk

15th Sep 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you get your clocks out of another 1.0l?

with the 1.0l only being a 3 cylinder and the rest of the range being 4 cylinder the rev counters dont work the same

I found this out on my 1.2 when I put 1.0l clocks in, used to redline at 3k

this is maybe why the speedo is out too, you have to make sure your original clocks and your new clocks start and finish in the same place for example some start at 0mph and some start at 10mph some finish at 130mph and some at 140mph
shaunmods
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaadzy
aha o right .. naa its out of a 1.4 sport .. but surely all the clocks are just the same, they just read what the engines putting out so it shud differ for whatever car it goes in no matter what the clocks are out of?? :S

Thats whats causing the rev counter problem then bud. The 1.0 12v's use a different setup to the rest of the range. Not sure about the speedo though

Edit - Matt makes a good point about the speedo! Worth checking that

[Edited on 15-09-2010 by shaunmods]
corsaadzy

15th Sep 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh fair play .. so im guessing i need to wait for a sting or something with 1.0l clocks in it to put in mine rather than out the 4 cylinder range? o well it was worth a try just gta rip em apart again now to swap the mileage back once again aha
mattk

15th Sep 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would be your best bet, like I said I found out the hard way

they are nice and easy to change over though
AlexW

15th Sep 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just replied to your U2U lol

Yeah you need some 12v rev counter clocks, 4cylinder ones overread, awesome to show your mates though lmao
corsaadzy

15th Sep 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aha yh i went out last night .. revved it up and it didnt even hit the limiter til the needle had gone way off the clock .. aha loved it whilst it lasted lol .. know anyone with 12v clocks wanting to swap for 16v? aha

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speedo help 22 database queries in 0.0121009 seconds