corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Vauxhall Astra 1.6 R Reg

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Astra 1.6 R Reg
MarkW

User status: Offline
15th Sep 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all,

I need to get rid of my R reg Astra 1.6 LS, the tax has come through the door today and the MOT has expired and i'm fairly confident it won't pass first time, though someone could easily fix it! The good bits and the bad bits are listed below..

Good

1.6 8v engine - runs fine, solid as a rock, starts every time. No smoke or anything.
recently had new alternator and battery fitted
tyres all round have been replaced, decent tread all round. Spare needs replacing though!
original astra alloys with faceplates - scuffed abit
electric windows
CD player

Bad

Front right suspension, i think the damper has gone?
rear suspension - bit of fluid leak - nowhere near gushing but needs replacing for MOT
rear shoes need replacing
heater / blower has failed - had this fixed a while back and was just a fuse - probably same again - not had chance to look. replaced the heater matrix coil pack when it blew last time, so thats fine.
paintwork is ok - though two bubble spots on the roof, and usually scratches you'd expect for the age, rust spot on one of the door crease.
spare tyre needs replacing
yes i have just used it as shopping trolley!

Essentially to get it through MOT i think its looking at new suspension all round and rear shoes replaced, which are bot fairly cheap especially with used parts etc. I just haven't got the time to do it and i want a 200SX!

I will SORN it sunday evening unless someone comes and gets it, i don't expect mega cash for it, though as you can see there's a few few bits worth having, so either have it as a donor car or fix it up no probs and it will keep plodding on

MOT Expired 11th Sept - hence i will SORN it on sunday!
TAX will run out at the end of the month!

Specs and contact below;

Make - Vauxhall Astra
Model - LS
Engine - 1600 8v
Mileage - 103,000 tbc
Price - Offers

Location - Orpington - KENT
Contact phone number - 07960 425571
Contact email address - purple52004@hotmail.com

General information - see above

its been a while since i've been on here, though i was once a fully signed up member and attended a fair few meets! So i won't mess anyone around i just need to shift it, my phone is usually off most of the day, so txt me or email and i will respond when i get chance....

Cheers for looking.....

Pics can be added if needed, just dark at the mo - though it is literally a bog standard 1.6 LS - in dark blue

I've been ohonest with its faults above, obviously if there are more i'm unaware of when you come to look, i apologise in advance, though i'm sure someone can make good use of the bits on it

[Edited on 15-09-2010 by MarkW]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Vauxhall Astra 1.6 R Reg 24 database queries in 0.0090740 seconds