corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Astra coupe, v6 project, Engine is in

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra coupe, v6 project, Engine is in
J200RSA

User status: Offline
15th Sep 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right not done a project thread on here before and alot of people wanted me to do one for my v6 corsa but there are too many pics and i really can not be bothered to do one for it so i thought i'd do one for the coupe instead.

So here goes:

I bought an astra coupe 2.2 16v from ebay as a none runner

Here are the pics i got sent of it before it was collected:

I really hated the wheels so found some turbos on ebay so collect them before the coupe got delivered,

Once it came they was the 1st things to be changed

much better.

The girl who had the coupe before me never mentioned what interior it had so i was hoping for leather but i was disapoined to find it was some crappy cloth one, there was a member on here selling a gorgeous 1/2 leather interior so that following night after i finished work i went and collected them and the next morning got on with fitting them.

Sorry no pics of the interior before as it was that shit i didn't take a pic but here is the interior i fitted.

So now that i had a nice interior and nice wheels i needed an engine, a 3hour trip to cumbria and i had collected a lovely x25xe with 3.0 cams

So i had my engine but there was still a 2.2 in the way where the v6 needed to be so a call to my mate big woz to help me take it out was needed.

And out she comes

Well i'm on holiday for a week on friday so once i'm back from eygpt ill update the thread with hopefully a v6 in the engine bay

Any comments welcome, Joe

[Edited on 21-11-2010 by J200RSA]
daymoon
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good much work to get 2.5 in there? wiring is a nightmare i bet!
J200RSA

15th Sep 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
looks good much work to get 2.5 in there? wiring is a nightmare i bet!

Well i'm not doing the conversion myself my mate Dan who fitted the 3.0 into my corsa is doing it me and he has fitted the v6 into mk4 astra's before so will be a piece of piss for him to do.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brilliant, big woz could have lifted that engine out without a crane by the looks of it
J200RSA

15th Sep 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
brilliant, big woz could have lifted that engine out without a crane by the looks of it

yeah but that would be showing off and i wouldnt of been able to get a pic of us lifting it out. He is a black version of the incredible hulk , he helps me out with all my cars if it wasn't for him i would of broke my corsa for parts along time ago so glad he talked me out of it.
J200RSA

1st Oct 10 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well now i'm back off my holiday i really wanted to stay there, time to get my ass back into gear and get the astra done.

1st of all i had abit of bad news, i couldn't use the f23 that was in the coupe due to the starter motor been at the front of the 2.2 and the v6 is at the rear so i'm on the look out for a f23 but i may have found one i'm going to look at it on monday so fingers crossed its the right one.

The v6's have a massive and not necessary flywheel so my job this evening since i had the night off work was to take the flywheel and clutch off. I'm using the redtop flat flywheel from my v6 corsa and the pressure plate but the friction plate from the 2.2 as the previous owner had just put a new clutch in it.

Bad pictures from my fone and it was dark when i did it, flat flywheel on

Then on goes the clutch

The person who had the coupe before me thought it was a good idea to paint some of the interior parts silver but did i really bad job so the other night i prep them for my dad to spray on monday when he's back at work, i have some sapphire black left over from when he did my old corsa c's bumpers so going to use that.

no pics of them before as they was embarrassing but this is them now ready for paint

feel free so feel sorry for my neglected corsa but i did buy it a present the other month hence why i took the flat flywheel off it.

once the astra is done and i sell my focus ill crack on with the corsa again, i do miss the power it has
MarkSport

1st Oct 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is gonna be mint when done
J200RSA

6th Oct 10 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst i was waiting for my dad to spray my dash parts i thought i'd take the gay sunstrip off the car and debadge the boot whilst i was at it.

The lovely focus in the background is for sale btw

Then this morning i picked up my shiny new dash bits

Also we have good news i have a gearbox !! Wooooo!!

[Edited on 06-10-2010 by J200RSA]
Olsrey

6th Oct 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as you've got an F23 from an Astra that isn't a 2.2 you should be fine. In Vectras there are 3 different ones which are 2.2s, 1.8s/2.0s & the V6's. As you know the 2.2s have the starter at the front, and the V6's have a larger bell housing to accommodate the massive V6 flywheel. But as you're using a flat flywheel you'll need a normal 4 pot F23.

[Edited on 06-10-2010 by Olsrey]
Firestate88

6th Oct 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any better pics of the centre console? thats what colour im painting mine and just want to make sure making the right choice
J200RSA

6th Oct 10 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best pic i have at the moment if i remember ill get you a better one 2moz

Found this one, that any better for you?

[Edited on 06-10-2010 by J200RSA]
Firestate88

7th Oct 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats perfect cheers
im definatly doing it
J200RSA

20th Oct 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right thought i'd give abit of an update on this, me being a dumb ass has gone and bought the wrong gearbox, i thought a vectra f23 would fit but it won't mount to the astra so still need a gearbox.

Also having found a how to guide on this conversion on an astra forum i'm going to do the conversion myself as its not a hard one to do.

As i didn't know much about the engine i thought it was best to get the cambelt changed so asked big woz's dad to do me that, took him 10mins to do it,

In the how to guide i found there is a picture of a engine mount they had made

they use a posh powersteering deletion bracket which that mount bolts to at the bottom but its not needed so i made a mount from cardboard then went and got some metal made.

also made the metal thats on the guide which bolts to the astra's rubber mount boxed so its stronger.

had some spacers made to clear the alternator belt and water pump then drilled them at work.

The spacers are going to be welded to the back of the mount.

Then the nuts will be welded on the bottom.

once i find a gearbox the 2 mounts will be lined up so the engine sits level in the car then welded together.

Thats all for now, once i have a gearbox everything will come together as i have everything to do the conversion now.

[Edited on 20-10-2010 by J200RSA]
3CorsaMeal

20th Oct 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice project, some good work done already

i like it
Bonney

20th Oct 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the white heater control dials. Where they on the car when you got it. Wouldn't mind some for mine!
J200RSA

20th Oct 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3cm cheers mate, hopefully won't be long till a gearbox pops up and i can get the engine in.

Bonney they was already in the car when i bought it, sure they will be on ebay somewhere.
Bonney

20th Oct 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some off there the other week that was just basically a photo of the dials that needed to be cut out. Threw them in the bin
J200RSA

20th Oct 10 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the sort of crap that you find on ebay
J200RSA

19th Nov 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i thought i'd give this a little update, last month i finally put my hand in my pocket and bought a gearbox, its from a astra gsi turbo so cost me a fortune but due to me doing 14 hour shifts at work i could never be bothered to do anything to the astra.

anyway last night when i finished work (10pm) me and a mate cracked on with it, got the gearbox mounted and one part of the engine mount bolted up.

But then i got bored, tired and hungry so we called it a day and went in from the freezing cold.

i don't look very amused there

I'm gonna try and get it mounted up over the weekend as i get the other part of the mount back tonight from having the nuts welded to it so will update and let you know how things go.
J200RSA

21st Nov 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did a bit more work on the astra today, i'm starting to hate cars now though, working on them in the freezing cold is not good, anyway enough moaning here are some pics of todays progress.

[Edited on 22-11-2010 by J200RSA]
Mark B

21st Nov 10 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good,much work in the wireing?
J200RSA

21st Nov 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its supposed to be ok to do, ive got a diagram on my pc for it so i should be ok, if not ill have to call a mate who has done them before it do it me but hopefully ill be able to do it myself
Bonney

21st Nov 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been tempted to put one of these engines in mine!

Have you got a link to the guide on how to do it?
J200RSA

21st Nov 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it done mate, its not that hard to do

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1884935&postcount=1
Bonney

21st Nov 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have a read through it and work out rough costs before jumping in!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Astra coupe, v6 project, Engine is in 23 database queries in 0.0179901 seconds