corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » movement in gearstick

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author movement in gearstick
davevans1234

User status: Offline
21st Oct 10 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when driving the car gear stick seems to move when in every gear when you take the foot of and on the throttle and very to get into gears any ideas guys getting frustrated now. took the car to the garage i bought it from and he says everything seems fine.
Ellis

21st Oct 10 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How old is the car, and how many miles has it covered? Wear and tear would is where I would point the finger, excessive play could be reduced by fitting a replacement gear linkage - pick one up from a scrappy for next to fuck all.
davevans1234

21st Oct 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car is seven years old and it has covered 52000 miles some times it is a struggle to get it in to 2 gear and theres a lot of movement in it.
Nic Barnes

21st Oct 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bushes in the linkage sometimes get knackered. can get nylon ones from lmf which improve it a lot.
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st Oct 10 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like it could be an engine mount problem to me. Mine used to do this. When accelerating hard you could feel the gear stick moving in your hand. Turned out that a bolt had fallen out of the gearbox mount. Might be worth double checking them all to make sure they are sound
JaffaTB

22nd Oct 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^what he said

my drivers side mount was loose and i could feel the gearstick moving
Kieran
Premium Member

22nd Oct 10 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Sounds like it could be an engine mount problem to me. Mine used to do this. When accelerating hard you could feel the gear stick moving in your hand. Turned out that a bolt had fallen out of the gearbox mount. Might be worth double checking them all to make sure they are sound

Sounds spot on the money to me. Check this

New Poll