corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Problem with camera?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem with camera?
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
21st Oct 10 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does this sound like somethings broke..

My Canon EOS 500d seems to not be focusing properly, it is fine when in well lit conditions but when its dark it doesnt seem to focus very well unless there is a light source...also it wont focus on things up close using autofocus...im sure before when i first got it I could put the lens like really close to say a watch and it would focus on the watch face and be fine but now it wont, i have to be a certain distance away..

There are numbers which flash up when looking through the viewfinder when trying to focus which when it does this means something itsnt right I think...

How can I check everything is okay? I mean it focuses perfect still on normal things like people..landscapes etc am i just being mad here and my lens could never really get that close to things before?

Its the kit lens btw 18-55
Mo

21st Oct 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to me it sounds like ur too close and ur lense can't cope. if ur always taking real close ups then u should buy a marco lense.

i'm also assuming ur using the right settings on the dial? only other way round it manual focus i think
FruitBooTeR

21st Oct 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I think this is just the case as its fine with everything else..

Although I did have it plugged into the computer the other day and the Canon program loaded up and I clicked test focus or something and the flash poped up and the lens moved in and out flashed a few times and tried to focus but said error?

Hmmmmm

I was just using it in normal CA mode but I have tried Macro mode too..

AndyKent

21st Oct 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a standard lens it'll never focus small distances. Same with focussing in the dark. Autofocus works by judging the difference between light and dark parts of a frame. If everything is too dark it doesn't know what to do.

Sound normal to me.
Scotty_B

21st Oct 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
If its a standard lens it'll never focus small distances. Same with focussing in the dark. Autofocus works by judging the difference between light and dark parts of a frame. If everything is too dark it doesn't know what to do.

Sound normal to me.

harrisp

21st Oct 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty_B
quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent

Sound normal to me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Problem with camera? 23 database queries in 0.0097182 seconds