corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Can anyone record Sky onto DVD for me?? I'm on the telly!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can anyone record Sky onto DVD for me?? I'm on the telly!
gtitim

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As many of you know on here - I am a Police Officer.

I am going to be on the new series of Brit Cops: War on Crime a few times in the next few weeks. Does anyone have the capability to record the programme from Bravo to DVD for me? Can pay costs etc. The production company cant get me a copy until later in the year.

Bonus points if you can guess which one I am on the adverts on Bravo showing every bloody hour lol!
Edd

23rd Oct 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no because that would be against the law

entrapment
gtitim

23rd Oct 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in what way? I am happy to cover the cost of a disc. As far as I am aware, it wouldnt break any laws.

I haven't got sky+ yet. Hoping to have it installed before thursday. If not, I will wait for it to go on youtube.
Edd

23rd Oct 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

©
gtitim

23rd Oct 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

minor technicality lol!
Ben D

23rd Oct 10 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tim, being that it's in Lincolnshire will this be none stop Cattle Rustler's & sheep shagger's?
Edd

23rd Oct 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
minor technicality lol!

yes thats the law for you

quote:
Acts that are allowed Fair dealing is a term used to describe acts which are permitted to a certain degree without infringing the work, these acts are: * Private and research study purposes. * Performance, copies or lending for educational purposes. * Criticism and news reporting. * Incidental inclusion. * Copies and lending by librarians. * Acts for the purposes of royal commissions, statutory enquiries, judicial proceedings and parliamentary purposes. * Recording of broadcasts for the purposes of listening to or viewing at a more convenient time, this is known as time shifting. * Producing a back up copy for personal use of a computer program. * Playing sound recording for a non profit making organisation, club or society.

quote:
The time shifting exception allows the legal copying of a TV broadcast of a film or TV programme (e.g. onto a DVD or on to a computer hard drive) only if: * you make the copy in your own home; and * you copy from the original broadcast; and * your only reason for copying is to view the broadcast at a more convenient time. This time shifting exception does not apply if you then share this copy with others by sending it to them or uploading it for download by them.

[Edited on 23-10-2010 by Edd]
JonnyJ

23rd Oct 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
minor technicality lol!

Im going to try that if i get caught doing 34 in a 30. Or shag a 15 year old.
Edd

23rd Oct 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've already contacted his superiors
gtitim

23rd Oct 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
minor technicality lol!

Im going to try that if i get caught doing 34 in a 30. Or shag a 15 year old.

Bit of a difference really. Besides - ACPO official guidelines are 10% + 2, meaning VERY unlikely to prosecute at 34. With regard to 15yr olds, would have to have a complaint in first place.
JonnyJ

23rd Oct 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if i remove her lips im all good? Noted. Will U2U Steve.
Root

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:
minor technicality lol!

quote:
Acts that are allowed Fair dealing is a term used to describe acts which are permitted to a certain degree without infringing the work, these acts are: * Private and research study purposes. * Performance, copies or lending for educational purposes. * Criticism and news reporting. * Incidental inclusion. * Copies and lending by librarians. * Acts for the purposes of royal commissions, statutory enquiries, judicial proceedings and parliamentary purposes. * Recording of broadcasts for the purposes of listening to or viewing at a more convenient time, this is known as time shifting. * Producing a back up copy for personal use of a computer program. * Playing sound recording for a non profit making organisation, club or society.

quote:
The time shifting exception allows the legal copying of a TV broadcast of a film or TV programme (e.g. onto a DVD or on to a computer hard drive) only if: * you make the copy in your own home; and * you copy from the original broadcast; and * your only reason for copying is to view the broadcast at a more convenient time. This time shifting exception does not apply if you then share this copy with others by sending it to them or uploading it for download by them.

You fucking bender. 5-7 years ago everyone used to record TV on VHS recorders, which was obviously illegal. These days people...get free virgin media TV and stuff instead, which is obviously also illegal but due to the vast amount of people that commit these crimes, they cannot lock them up and just fine them.
If you cannot contribute some good to the thread or tape the thing for him, GTFO.

grats on being on TV..
gtitim

quote:
Originally posted by Edd

quote:

Well I will be criticised, I will be researching where I went wrong, swore, said the wrong thing or looked a tit of that helps??
gtitim

23rd Oct 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
So if i remove her lips im all good? Noted. Will U2U Steve.

You worry me!

Mummy told me there were some strange people online, and that possibly some people could be dirty old men pretending to be young boys or girls. Hmmm
Edd

23rd Oct 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:
minor technicality lol!

quote:

quote:

You fucking bender. 5-7 years ago everyone used to record TV on VHS recorders, which was obviously illegal. These days people...get free virgin media TV and stuff instead, which is obviously also illegal but due to the vast amount of people that commit these crimes, they cannot lock them up and just fine them.
If you cannot contribute some good to the thread or tape the thing for him, GTFO.

grats on being on TV..

are you so angry you've had to put your tampon back in?
Ben D

23rd Oct 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should Call him 'Rant' not 'Root'

Tim.. you didn't answer my Q
RCoughtrie

23rd Oct 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gtitim

23rd Oct 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't be all sheep shaggers etc. We did joke that it would be all 'cows in road', 'mud on road', 'loose horse' type jobs, but we had drugs raids, cannabis farms, illegal immigrants, drugs possession, drink drivers, firearms jobs, assaults, public order, the works. Was filming last night and got arrest and car seizure. It looks more exciting than it is, but then again a 1hr episode is probably over 1 week of filming across the county.
John

23rd Oct 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking forward to seeing this, your police posts on here sound like the typical copper everyone hates so be good to confirm or deny that.
Edd

23rd Oct 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.bravo.co.uk/britcops

ok im being serious you can watch it online, free from internal affairs kicking your door down
gtitim

23rd Oct 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks John. I have met some mebers on here, they just dont know it. I am a fair copper. If you break the law, I deal with you. However, I can hold my hand up and say I have a high tolerance for modified cars - been there, done it. I will give you a straight answer, and be honest. I have my pet hates, as does every cop. Mine being fog lights, seatbelts nad mobile phones. I will give you a ticket for these. However, if you are out in a group and not doing anything illegal, i will come and speak to you and advise you.

Not quite sure why my posts on here would cauyse people to hate me??
gtitim

23rd Oct 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
www.bravo.co.uk/britcops

ok im being serious you can watch it online, free from internal affairs kicking your door down

Funny!!

Just sorted a Sky+ box so should be able to at least record it onto there, as I think i am working when its broadcast.
Ben D

23rd Oct 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not quite sure why my posts on here would cauyse people to hate me??

Because you've been stereotyped and the vast majority of people have had a ticket or something from a cop at some point?

[Edited on 23-10-2010 by Ben D]
John

23rd Oct 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't say I hated you, I specified police posts to avoid that, your police posts are as I stated above though.
Dom

23rd Oct 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:
minor technicality lol!

quote:

quote:

grats on being on TV..

They can and have done, although VM usually just ban you from the network. Chipped cable STBs (hopefully they'll tackle flashed cable modems next) are pretty much dead since the new encryption rollout and hopefully it'll stay that way.

Either way, Edd was just highlighting the fact that a copper was asking someone to do something illegal. Although Tim might as well just download the episodes (I’m sure they'll be freely available) as they both come up the same copyright law (from what I remember).

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Can anyone record Sky onto DVD for me?? I'm on the telly! 22 database queries in 0.0155110 seconds