corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Old audio technology day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Old audio technology day
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Oct 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it possible to get a twin tape deck (Sony) repaired these days? The tape deck is a separate (if that makes sense).
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Oct 10 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be finding something similar on Ebay.
Sam
Premium Member

24th Oct 10 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I've established that the drive belts have stretched on it, but I have never repaired a tape deck before. There are similar models to the one I've got on eBay, but it'd be a shame to junk this one just because of requiring some new belts.
Dom

24th Oct 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be surprised if you can find replacements for it, might be worth contacting Sony and seeing what they say though. But i'm with Ian, you can pick up a decent Denon tape deck for £20.
John

24th Oct 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Serious question, what are you using a tape deck for?
Sam
Premium Member

24th Oct 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother gave me his old Sony separates but the drive belts on the tape deck are stretched. I personally don't use tapes but my other half has loads of tapes so I'd quite like to get it working again.

I also want to buy a Sony MD separate so I can copy stuff from vinyl/CD/tape onto MD (I use MDs in the car).
John

24th Oct 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the belt obviously but even maplin have some, I was looking for one for a cd player recently.
pow
Premium Member

24th Oct 10 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rubber band
pow
Premium Member

24th Oct 10 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way I geniunely did that in a moment of desperation years ago on a DVDRW drive when they were 100+ quid at my last place of work.

I had it in peices with the snapped band in hand, eye'd up a rubber band in my desk drawer and boom , it worked a fair few times as well
Sam
Premium Member

24th Oct 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Rubber band

I tried a couple of these this evening actually, no dice

I might try and find someone that fixes these things but if it's gonna be more than £30 to fix I'll just buy a secondhand one off eBay and get this one converted into Coke cans or something.

New Poll