corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking fine dilema........

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parking fine dilema........
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
1st Nov 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right,today i got a letter in the post from CP Plus.

It was a parking fine for a car i got rid of about 4-5 mths ago.I know its been sold on to at least another owner,possibly more.
The car is still in my name as the new owners clearly havnt applied for the doccys.

When i swapped the car i only had the new keeper slip and the guy i swapped with only had the new keeper slip too.We both agreed to send them away and get in touch when we recieved the full V5.I knew right away he wouldnt have done it cause him and his mate looked rather shady.So thought right i will just apply for the Astra 1 as he gave me his green slip which wasnt filled out.So i sent mine away for the Corsa aswell.Corsa needed a VIC check b4 they could give me the V5.Problem was,i didnt have the car so just left it,hoping 1 of the new owners would apply for the V5.

So where do i stand??They have photographic evidence which shows the car arriving,then leaving 8hrs later.You can see the driver,but its not crystal clear.

Should i ring them up and tell them the story??And contact the police to keep an eye out for the car incase anymore fines come back to me.

Generation

1st Nov 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This says will doyle
connollygt30

1st Nov 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
This says will doyle

big eck

1st Nov 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing has happened to me. You'll need proof of some sort to show them the car is no longer yours.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 10 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just say you werent driving, ask them to prove you were
Corsa_Sport21

1st Nov 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Same thing has happened to me. You'll need proof of some sort to show them the car is no longer yours.

I only have a written receipt to say we swapped cars but tbh i dont think that would work.

I will trail PH and gumtree and try find the car.Might get lucky.
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Nov 10 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless its a fine from the council just ignore it
ShEp

1st Nov 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had thia when I sold a car.

I ignored it and it went away.

Same people too. CP
Corsa_Sport21

1st Nov 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found the car on gumtree so txt the seller to see if he still has it.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

1st Nov 10 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore it, with it being CP Plus I'm guessing it was at a Motorway services? If so, I know their ruling is £8 if you stay more than 2 hours. They try to get you to pay fines but if it actually went to court, they would only be able to claim for the £8 they didn't get, any fines are just them trying to screw you over so don't try to contact them just ignore it completely after a few letters with threats of legal action, baliffs, ccjs etc.they'll give up.

The fact it's no longer your car could do with sorting though or you could end up being stuck with fines in the future and the DVLA have a bit more weight to throw around than CP Plus
Corsa_Sport21

1st Nov 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys.

Yeah Mike it was MOTO Kinross,which im guessing is a motorway services and from the pictures they have,looks like the carpark.

They have issued me with an 80quid fine,but says for an early settlement,they will accept 50.lol.

How will i go about sorting it with the DVLA and it not being my car??Say its been scrapped.lol.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

1st Nov 10 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably best finding a number for the DVLA then phone up and play ignorant to the real story just tell them about the parking ticket but you've sold the car, sent the V5 off etc. so you're just querying whether there's a problem as the fine has come to you and not the new owner.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Nov 10 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a fine, it's an invoice for services rendered which in order for you to be liable for you must have entered a contract. You must have had sufficient notice of the contract which means signs must clearly be displayed. You're also under no legal obligation to identify the driver so if it's not clear who it is, my advice would be ignore the letters and if it goes anywhere, just ask them how they can prove you hadn't lent your car to a friend that day.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 10 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

..or sold it
sc0ott

2nd Nov 10 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
This says will doyle

how come?
K2 GTi

2nd Nov 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same from CP Plus. I just use the letters to wipe my arse
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i know its gonna happen to the person i bought my last car from. he never sent the log book off and i got done speeding and a parking ticket and it all went to him.
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

It was a parking fine for a car i got rid of about 4-5 mths ago.I know its been sold on to at least another owner,possibly more.
The car is still in my name as the new owners clearly havnt applied for the doccys.

When i swapped the car i only had the new keeper slip and the guy i swapped with only had the new keeper slip too.We both agreed to send them away and get in touch when we recieved the full V5.I knew right away he wouldnt have done it cause him and his mate looked rather shady.So thought right i will just apply for the Astra 1 as he gave me his green slip which wasnt filled out.So i sent mine away for the Corsa aswell.Corsa needed a VIC check b4 they could give me the V5.Problem was,i didnt have the car so just left it,hoping 1 of the new owners would apply for the V5.

So where do i stand??They have photographic evidence which shows the car arriving,then leaving 8hrs later.You can see the driver,but its not crystal clear.

Should i ring them up and tell them the story??And contact the police to keep an eye out for the car incase anymore fines come back to me.

Not being funny but why did you swap cars with someone you thought was "shady"?

And why did your Corsa need a VIC check?

Corsa_Sport21

2nd Nov 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

Not being funny but why did you swap cars with someone you thought was "shady"?

And why did your Corsa need a VIC check?

Because the car was spot on and i knew i could make good money on it.Which i did.700quid profit to be precise.

Corsa was a cat c.
bigles

2nd Nov 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YOUR problem is going to be when the TAX runs out and you haven't got proof of sale, or a SORN notice from the DVLA. This will cost you £40, and they WILL take you to court for the money.
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Nov 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigles
YOUR problem is going to be when the TAX runs out and you haven't got proof of sale, or a SORN notice from the DVLA. This will cost you £40, and they WILL take you to court for the money.

Wont be my problem when i get the reminder through the door,and tick the SORN box.
gtitim

2nd Nov 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore the fine - as quoted - it is an invoice from a company, NOT a fine that you must pay. Do not engage in any correspondence with the company whatsoever, no matter how the letters they send are worded. They will give up eventually.

Phone DVLA and check you arent the RK anymore, they should be able to confirm if you are or are not still shown.
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Nov 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tim,they got my details from the DVLA so im assuming by that im still the RK.

And i havnt had any letters to say thanks for informing us that you no longer own the car,or that some1 has applied for the V5.

[Edited on 02-11-2010 by Corsa_Sport21]
gtitim

2nd Nov 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In which case the DVLA may not have received (read lost) your V5. Get on the phone to them, inform them you have sold / swapped / scrapped / whatever the car
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Nov 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The V5 was sent away to be changed to my name as i was the new keeper.I then got a letter back saying the car was now in my name,but a V5 couldnt be issued until the car was subject to a VIC check.But by this time i didnt have the car.

Anyways,i will get onto the DVLA and let them know whats happened.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking fine dilema........ 22 database queries in 0.0151582 seconds