corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa 1.2 sxi engine management

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 1.2 sxi engine management
mechie101

User status: Offline
1st Nov 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I bought a 1998 corsa 1.2 sxi yesterday for my first car test drove it and it was perfect so handed over the cash driving home on the motorway the car had just warmed up then the engine management light came on and wouldnt go anyfaster took my foot of the accelerator and it went off, it does this alot when i put my foot down, when it does happen 9-10 times it at roughly 3,000 revs. When the car is just started you can put the foot down but as soon as it warms up the light comes on over and over again. Ive saw on the net ALOT of people have had this problem but so far have not found a geniune answer, Could anyone help me out?
nad123
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st Nov 10 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try unplugging the air flow meter and drive it
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 00:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly crank sensor, they're known for failing and going open circuit when hot
mechie101

2nd Nov 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i unplug the air flow meter the engine management light comes on, i havent tried driving it as im not sure if i will damage anything?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the management light is just because the AFM's disconnected. Driving it should be fine, it won't be running at it's best but it's just to find out if it still cuts out so shouldn't cause any problems

New Poll