corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Well done BT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Well done BT
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Nov 10 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone see on the news Ministry of Sound trying to get details from BT who has downloaded illegal copies of ther music, BT refused, so Ministry of Sound try to force there hand so BT just deleted all the records of customer internet access now MOS are raging about it

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news/a286022/bt-deletes-data-wanted-by-ministry-of-sound.html

[Edited on 04-11-2010 by Steve]
Sam
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think ISPs are getting pissed off now about these companies trying to fleece money out of their customers for supposed illegal filesharing.
Rob_Quads

4th Nov 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah - Quite funny. "Sorry we say we will hold them for 90 and thats up so we deleted them"
N3CRO

4th Nov 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember hearing about this one the radio a few weeks ago.

Someone said 'file sharing isn't illegal really.
If you buy a t shirt then lend it to a mate, you're not breaking the law and this is the same thing'.

The dude kinda had a point tbh.
Toby
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
Remember hearing about this one the radio a few weeks ago.

Someone said 'file sharing isn't illegal really.
If you buy a t shirt then lend it to a mate, you're not breaking the law and this is the same thing'.

The dude kinda had a point tbh.

To an extent that's correct but only in the sense that the original holder doesn't have it anymore, so in theory you could pass on the license of the music and it be legal.

I think bt thought about how many customers they sound lose by handing over all those names
John

4th Nov 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do this on one hand then they knock out the whole of scotland/NI/north of englands 20CN network for hours, twice in one week, on the other.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye that was fucking infuriating yesterday.
dannymccann

4th Nov 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They soon gave my fucking details away, cunts

davenport lyons, your 6 years to carry on the case Is nearly up
Mase
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
They do this on one hand then they knock out the whole of scotland/NI/north of englands 20CN network for hours, twice in one week, on the other.

Ah, that's why our site internet went down... Its amazing how much you panic when the internet goes down and you can't access the server in the office.... its like the world was going to end!

[edit] Eck, I didn't realise you were from Lundin Links.... I'm working in Leven at the minute on a big project!

[Edited on 04-11-2010 by Mase]

Mase
Eck
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? Where about in Leven mate?
John

4th Nov 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had 30+ connections go down, the notification emails are the most annoying bit
LeeM

4th Nov 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's amazing. I'm with bt and I have the entire back catalogue of ministry of sound albums
andy1868

4th Nov 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drove 2 hours to Appleby on friday night to replace a fucked router, got there, replaced the router only for the BT to fuck it up and take the connection down about 5 minutes later i was pissed off to say the least

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Well done BT 25 database queries in 0.0141220 seconds