corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » not vauxhall...but french? winter run about? well.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author not vauxhall...but french? winter run about? well.......
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Nov 10 at 01:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok long story cut short...

my mates got a pug 206 gti 180 really nice car well..... hes offered me it realllllllly cheap! am not a french car sort of person...? im thinking just for a winter car so i can put the mk4 gsi astra away for the winter

well this is her a few weeks ago...

now the bad bit.

then this happened...

*warning* Please excuse the lexus lights....... hes only person i no that likes them..... well used to (dont worry hes gone vauxhall now hes bought a mk4 astra sri z20let)

he got hit off a ford focus coming out of a parking space ... and his insurance wrote the car off...? but he gets to keep are sell it on (to me CHEAP) realllllly cheap... mates rates of corse

i have just seen it in the dark in a garage didnt get a good look but thats a photo of the damage above

im no body repair man but looks as if it needs rear quarter,bumper,LIGHTS!! then theres obv other damage? as i say am no body repair man?...i need to no would it be worth the repair? and what sort of costs it would be before i jump in foot first as i have never ever done this before... bought a damaged motor to repair and use? the car dirves though and its only got 26k on the clocks full service and loads of T+T and its dirt cheap

i no its hard to even say going off that picture above ^ but thanks inadvance

so whats the verdict

[Edited on 07-11-2010 by kevcr]
CorsAsh

7th Nov 10 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be happy with that unless it was reshelled to be honest. Would need a lot of cutting and welding, jigging up too I'd have thought.

Just buy a cheap base model shell and put all the fancy bits onto it?
Corsa_Sport21

7th Nov 10 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how cheap tbh.The re-sale value will be less seeing as its a write off,and these cars are dropping in price quite fast.Can pick them up for less than 3k now.
gez bay

7th Nov 10 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the roof like?

As said. You can pick these up for 2.5k-3k now, so by the time you spend on pannels, jig and paint its going to be around that figure. If it was dirt cheap of your matei'd just have it to break for spares.

[Edited on 07-11-2010 by gez bay]
kev
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 01:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
I wouldn't be happy with that unless it was reshelled to be honest. Would need a lot of cutting and welding, jigging up too I'd have thought.

like i say cheap.... few hundred quid he said? said ad make alot breaking it..

i was going to buy it to break but its a really clean car be a shame to break
Mieran

7th Nov 10 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't bother kev

the whole point of a runabout is you buy them, don't spend any money on them then sell them on
kev
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 01:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mieran
I wouldn't bother kev

the whole point of a runabout is you buy them, don't spend any money on them then sell them on

other then the lights.... and damage the car is mint well ...was? be a real shame to break it!?

much is a re-pair bill of something of this damage? thats why if its not far to much for how cheap i can get it i wouldnt mind putting the cash in it to be repaired
ianofbhills

7th Nov 10 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt look that bad. Just hammer it out a bit so it looks like that old 206 advert made in india with the help of elephants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMZxTAMDcU
Mieran

7th Nov 10 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Break it for it bits and buy something that works with the money
kev
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 01:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
Doesnt look that bad. Just hammer it out a bit so it looks like that old 206 advert made in india with the help of elephants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMZxTAMDcU

have you been drinking or smoking...something
Corsa_Sport21

7th Nov 10 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dosnt your mate want to keep it and break it for parts himself??
kev
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 01:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Why dosnt your mate want to keep it and break it for parts himself??

hes not the sort of lad to even bother to breaking a car to be honest

new him all my life thats how hes offered it to me cheap the way it is i just need to no what sort of price it would be before i jump in foot first..

so quarter and a jig,paint,labour what sort of costs is that? at a local body shop not pug's prices
ianofbhills

7th Nov 10 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha ha no i have not. I just seen the car and it reminded me of that advert.

Seriously though it doesn't look that bad if you were able to do the repairs your self it probably wouldn't be that bad a job to do.
However when you have to start paying somebody to fix it for you though it will soon become not cost effective.

You have to remember the insurance company wrote it off for a reason because it was going to cost more to repair then it is worth.

You or your mate could probably sell it on to a body shop who would be interested in making a few quid it looks to good to break
kev
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 01:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
ha ha no i have not. I just seen the car and it reminded me of that advert.

Seriously though it doesn't look that bad if you were able to do the repairs your self it probably wouldn't be that bad a job to do.
However when you have to start paying somebody to fix it for you though it will soon become not cost effective.

You have to remember the insurance company wrote it off for a reason because it was going to cost more to repair then it is worth.

You or your mate could probably sell it on to a body shop who would be interested in making a few quid it looks to good to break

i did laff at the video havnt seen that in a while i must admit

id rather be the one getting the score though hence i wanted tobuy it dirt cheap and get it repaired just if its going to cost £££'s it not worth it.. so really i need to get a few pro's to have a look and se what they say

it looks a hit are miss one though its be a real shame to break even though its french
CorsAsh

7th Nov 10 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kevcr
its a really clean car

To be fair, it's fucked up.
kev
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 02:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kevcr
its a really clean car

To be fair, it's fucked up.

no s*&t.... ? but i did mean the other side.... of the car and its low milage 26k and ive been told the red ones are rare and hard to get
sri_baby

7th Nov 10 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you really like the car go for it and get it repaired ive neva bin a 206 fan but its each to there own
Alex_Rally

7th Nov 10 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no1 seems to want to give you a price here kev mate. have a word with lou up the garage see what he says.
Cole

7th Nov 10 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's been written off for a reason because the cost of repair is not economical your going to be looking 1-1.5k to repair at least and that's just going by it needs a new qtr rear bumper and jiggging will be probably be 3-500 alone not worth it buy it and break it or re shell it
gez bay

7th Nov 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no one can give a price because we have only seen pics.
The wheel might be damaged, suspension, floopan ect. So the only advice people can give is that it was written off for a reason. Just take it to a garage and get an exact price.

[Edited on 07-11-2010 by gez bay]
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy this and swap over the main stuff, and keep it a sleeper
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201044372362344/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/1000/model/206/make/peugeot/page/1/radius/100/quicksearch/true/postcode/sn81er?logcode=p
DaveyLC

7th Nov 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Thats hardly touched!

If its a bargain.. buy it!

That would be more agro to re-shell than to repair. Weld a tug plate to where it was whacked and tug that rear 1/4 out. Then get someone who is good with the old pudding.

[Edited on 07-11-2010 by DaveyLC]
LeeM

7th Nov 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was me I'd buy it and buy a base model red 1.1 for £500-1000 and reshell. I can't do bodywork though, like davey said though it can be fixed
Limecat
Banned

7th Nov 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off the pictures I would be very surprised if it needs jigging.

Also bear in mind that 'written off' is a double hit anyway as once something is cat registered the value drops so it doesn't have to be damage equalling or exceeding the book value of the car.

For a few hundred quid I would take a punt. You can't lose out as you could easily break it for a hell of a lot more.
22B

7th Nov 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy it anyway, as long as its a cheap as you hinted. Get it looked at, get a few quotes if its not economical to repair, strip and sell, would get your money back easily( depending how much you paid)

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » not vauxhall...but french? winter run about? well....... 22 database queries in 0.0150840 seconds