corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine mount help rqd

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine mount help rqd
pdd28

User status: Offline
7th Nov 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi chaps, I am a newbie to this site & am after some advice. I am building a 1.4 16v corsa B rally car & have stripped & seam welded a 1.2 8v shell. I bought a 1.4 16v donor car the other day & took the engine/box & wiring loom out of it. I have been comparing the engine mountings & have noticed they are quite different. The cambelt end on the 1.4 model sits in a recess & the g/box end is slung under the inner wing area. Both my mounts on the 1.2 shell are sat in a housing on the outside of the inner wing area. Will the 1.4 engine fit using the 1.2 mount arrangement or do I need to buy a conversion kit for this?
Cheers for the hepl!!
redtom

7th Nov 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use the 8v mounts on the 8v shell
pdd28

7th Nov 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate will do when the time comes. Not using the p/s system so thought they would fit ok.
Cheers.

New Poll