corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Laptop battery problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laptop battery problems
jibjob

User status: Offline
8th Nov 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know next to nothing about laptops and computers hardware wise but basically my laptop wont charge and i don't know if it's the cable or the battery.
The battery icon shows in the corner and shows the charger is plugged in but it never actually charges it just has enough power to run whilst its plugged in, if i take the charger out i get about 7mins of battery life.
When i hover the mouse over the battery icon it says "plugged in, charging" or "plugged in, not charging" but either way it doesn't charge and the icon doesn't move like it should if it was charging.
Does anyone have any idea if its the battery or a problem with the charger? There's no visible damage to the leads or charger apart from the plug that goes into the laptop itself being slightly bent.
jrsteeve

8th Nov 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More likely to be the battery, they only have a life of around 12 months, less if you use the laptop heavily. Buy a replacement from ebay etc - make sure it's a genuine one though, not some chinese import.
jibjob

8th Nov 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers mate i'll have a look for a new battery then. Is it easy to tell the genuine from the fakes? Or are the fakes like carbon copies?

New Poll