corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Incredible act of stupidity earlier on M6...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Incredible act of stupidity earlier on M6...
Tiger

User status: Offline
9th Nov 10 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a car this morning at 0610 totally stop on lane 1 of the busy M6 this morning, where the M42 joins the carriageway near Corley Services, indicating to pull across 2 lanes of motorway speed traffic coming from the M42 to reach a broken down friend / relative on the hard shoulder.

An artic had to swerve with laden trailer to avoid it nearly taking out a car in the lane 2 as well as cars in the M42 feeder lanes.

Had they driven another 100 yards they could have pulled safely over to the hard shoulder.

The stupidity of some people today is simply incredible and unbelievably selfish and dangerous.
xa0s
Banned

9th Nov 10 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed but it's not just today, a similar thing happened to me yesterday
Jambo

9th Nov 10 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its ok though Tiger, they werent speeding!

The whole obbsession with speeding vs accidents in the media/pop culture, has turned your average Joe to beleive he/she is invincible so long as they don't speed.

I.e Its created a fucking wave of moronic dangerous drivers as slow moving obstacles and obstructions. All careless with no understanding of howq to operate a motor vehicle
Steve
Premium Member

9th Nov 10 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some twat breaks down on the m5 yesterday and decides to basically stop in the fast lane, fucking dangerous and caused tailbacks for miles.

seriously why would you stop in free flowing traffic there surely its possible to move over to the hardshoulder.

FFS my back wheel locked up in the fast lane the other day and i still maaged to get across to the hard shoulder

fucking prat should have got points on his license
sc0ott

9th Nov 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with stephen. the amount of lorries and cars, broken down or in a little rammed up the arse accident they always stop in that lane and not on the hard shoulder and to make it worse this is on dual carriageways.

then you get the nosey motherfuckers that drive past at 3mph to see if there is any naked gay AA men.

fucking prats should have points on their birth certificate.
Ojc

User status: Online
9th Nov 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

The whole obbsession with speeding vs accidents in the media/pop culture, has turned your average Joe to beleive he/she is invincible so long as they don't speed.

I.e Its created a fucking wave of moronic dangerous drivers as slow moving obstacles and obstructions. All careless with no understanding of howq to operate a motor vehicle

This is exactly the problem.

People inside their bubble thinking about the evenings XFactor rather than concentrating on driving.
CORSA NUT

9th Nov 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Ollie and Jambo there definately!
Brett
Premium Member

9th Nov 10 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

Well said
Col004

9th Nov 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our local motorway (M58 wigan to liverpool) there was a guy changing a tyre in the fast lane at 06:45 in the morning just last week MAD MAD people with no care

[Edited on 09-11-2010 by Col004]
ed

9th Nov 10 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaking of breakdowns and sillyness. You often see people pull off the hard shoulder from stationary straight into traffic. Surely it would be more sensible to use the hundreds of miles of hard shoulder you have in front of you to get up to 70mph and then merge into the traffic?
AlexW

9th Nov 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^Thats what your ment to do, but it seems nobody ever does it. Even getting to 40/50mph would be better than just pulling out!
Jambo

9th Nov 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Speaking of breakdowns and sillyness. You often see people pull off the hard shoulder from stationary straight into traffic. Surely it would be more sensible to use the hundreds of miles of hard shoulder you have in front of you to get up to 70mph and then merge into the traffic?

Come on Ed the amount of silly cuntz I see going down motorway sliproads at 30mph or worse still I saw complete incompetent STATIONARY at the end of a sliproad as she had run out of room
Do you really think that would ever happen? Surely you have to be some sort of driving legend/ace to acomplish such a task?

Its time people wised up to the fact speed is a factor in accidents yes, but the most important issue is the cause NOT just speed.

Kids wouldnt even have to go to hospital to survive a car crash if their brain dead parents had taught them (like i was) that the road is for CARS! NOT people! Thus avoiding an accident completely with no damge physical or mental to anyone ever.

[Edited on 09-11-2010 by Jambo]
ed

9th Nov 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the people who drive down the slip road and either:

a) go very slowly, don't get up to motorway speed and then get pissed off that it's difficult for them to merge. I'm not changing lane to let you in.

b) drive down the slip road at mach 10 and then throw a tantrum because they neglected to realise that you need to merge into a space in the traffic passing them. Again, I'm not changing lane to let you in.
Ojc

9th Nov 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ones that drive down the slip road and at the last second realise that they need to join the motorway and come to a halt in the hard shoulder because they haven't bothered to look in their mirrors beacause they are so scared shitless of taking their eyes off the road.

Saw one this weekend, fucking remedials honestly.
Kurt

9th Nov 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see all sorts of atrocity on the m6,

Cuntz that speed up as you overtake,
Approach at warp 10 and then sit in your blindspot for miles and then as soon as you even so much think about overtaking decide now they will make their move,
Middle lane wankers,
Undertaking dicks,
So many ill adjusted headlights, broken bulbs,
Lorries that won't be overtaken by another lorry but instead sit on the limiters and hog 2 lanes causing tons of congestion then blame the cars,
People that slow down for highways 4x4's,
Highways 4x4's cruising along at 50 purposely causing congestion,
Cars that sit on the motorway bridges , this is a new one, every weekend there are cars parked either side of knutsford, people see them and brake, Its fucking dangerous!
RichR
Premium Member

9th Nov 10 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with all of them kurt except undertaking - there is a time an a place but it normally involves "Middle Lane Wankers".

I'm sorry but on a clear motorway, with someone hogging the middle lane, I'm not moving from the inside, to the outside to move back to the inside lane. The law states that the only time you can undertake is when the traffic in that lane is exceeding the traffic in other lanes. On an empty motorway surely the same should apply, If I sit at 70 in the inside lane and undertake someone hogging the middle lane at 65, then the traffic flow in my lane is exceeding the traffic flow in the middle lane.
ed

9th Nov 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a guy in a Golf the other week on the M40. I was doing outside lane speeds, he wasn't. I waited for a little bit for him to move over, he didn't so I flashed. He then slowed down so that he was going at the same speed as the traffic in the middle lane, by the time we'd got to the M42 junction there was about 8 cars behind me all flashing and blasting their horns for the fucker to get out the way. I bet he felt well smart, possibly the kind of person who would make a Youtube video about bad drivers. I just wonder what people are thinking when they do stuff like this. It's not difficult to just let people get on with their own lives
Steve
Premium Member

9th Nov 10 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

control freaks
Ben G

9th Nov 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
There was a guy in a Golf the other week on the M40. I was doing outside lane speeds, he wasn't. I waited for a little bit for him to move over, he didn't so I flashed. He then slowed down so that he was going at the same speed as the traffic in the middle lane, by the time we'd got to the M42 junction there was about 8 cars behind me all flashing and blasting their horns for the fucker to get out the way. I bet he felt well smart, possibly the kind of person who would make a Youtube video about bad drivers. I just wonder what people are thinking when they do stuff like this. It's not difficult to just let people get on with their own lives

i think it's so he can show off his masculinity.

GRR no one shall pass me, i am the best etc etc.

cunts. literally.
Ojc

9th Nov 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My favourites are the Audi drivers in the outside lane who sit on my @rse thinking they are driving a supercar only to get blown away by a Vauxhall.
Ben G

9th Nov 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

audi's are supercars mate, in the fact that they are superior to all other mass manufactured marques.
sand-eel

9th Nov 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a google maps view of the first post as I have no idea how to picture it.
Phillips_91

9th Nov 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

google m6 and m42
Tiger

9th Nov 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=corley+services&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.366507,46.538086&ie=UTF8&hq=corley+services&hnear=&ll=52.473619,-1.669321&spn=0.004111,0.011362&t=h&z=17
Ben G

9th Nov 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just went to pick my missus up from work and on the a13 some rodney in a vectra was sitting in the outside lane doing 50mph, swerving all over the lane.

i sat behind him for over 3 miles waiting for him to move over and in the end gave up and undertook the cunt.

then came off at the next exit a mile or so up the road and he pulls up next to me asking what the problem is.

i simply said ''you're supposed to move over when someone is behind you in the outside lane'' and he replied with ''what are you gonna do about it?''

how sad is that? then he started following me so i went back up onto the A13 again and came off the next exit and back on again and the twat followed me still.

fucking idiot with a young child in the car driving like a nutcase just to prove he is manly. sad loser.

i know the puma isn't fast but it's quick enough to outpace a wanky shit spec vectra moron.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Incredible act of stupidity earlier on M6... 22 database queries in 0.0172851 seconds