corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » lexus is200 owners

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lexus is200 owners
stu_c

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

talk to me.........

ive been offered a swap on a 52 reg on but just wanna know what they are like fuel wise

Whittie

22nd Nov 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove one from Llandudno to Barnstaple...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=FdCyLQMdpX3F_yk3V6ev4uFkSDHgd4U2Xp6RbA%3BFYZtCwMdjBPC_yk7YM4wsyRsSDE4S7QOWsL4mw&q=Llandudno+to+Barnstaple&sll=52.18323,-2.90146&sspn=3.03167,10.437012&ie=UTF8&ll=52.133488,-3.010254&spn=3.034884,10.437012&z=7&saddr=Llandudno&daddr=Barnstaple

Cost £60 in fuel, obviously motorway mainly 80mph. Town driving it isn't too bad, depends what you're used to I guess

[Edited on 22-11-2010 by Whittie]
stu_c

22nd Nov 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would you think its a good swap from a 51 reg mondeo zetec s v6 to a 52 reg is200?
alan t

22nd Nov 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has one, lovely car but he says its a bit thirsty on fuel, i would say its a good swap. whats the milage on the lexus your looking at mate?
stu_c

22nd Nov 10 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

150k with full lexus service history
alan t

22nd Nov 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldnt be to bad if its got a full history, are these timing chains or belts on these? cant remeber of the top of my head.

also ive done a few balljoints on these at work so give them a check for any play mate, not sure if its a common fault or not though
Doug

22nd Nov 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much prefer the ST to the Lexus imo !
SR91

22nd Nov 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mates got one, it drinks!

RWD = fun though!
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Nov 10 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are storeman at work drove his throught the front doors of the depot, when the throttle stuck on his

We said he was talking shit till it all came out in the news, but the IS wasn't on the recall

He said it was a bit thristy.
G5M

22nd Nov 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Are storeman at work drove his throught the front doors of the depot, when the throttle stuck on his

We said he was talking shit till it all came out in the news, but the IS wasn't on the recall

He said it was a bit thristy.

I looked in to them in a LOT of detail a few years back when I was considering getting one and have never heard of that happening on another one.

They are thirsty though. The 2.0 6cylinder engine is pretty wheezey and really needs it neck wrung for decent progress, hence the fuel consumption is pretty bad, worse in the real world than contemporaries like the 320i.

They're ageing well, still have a certain something about them thats pretty cool.
jonnieboy

22nd Nov 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad on fuel to be honest, unless you drive around with your foot constanly too the floor. Obviously better on longer journeys rather than nipping around town

performance wise, not brilliant, but they dont hang around either, probably equal to most 1.6 hatch's until triple figures where the IS will pull away

Ive had mine 5 years now, and had only 2 problems - headunit Err3 code (new headunit required) and front fog lamp bulb holderd corroded so that the bulbs dont come out
Tiesto

22nd Nov 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thirsty as been said, but would recommend one if your after a smooth drive.

I've had the wheel bearings collapse on the front two, but thats the only issue I've had. Other than an annoying "knocking" when at low speed. Coming upto the dreaded 60k mile service though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » lexus is200 owners 22 database queries in 0.6768739 seconds